To boost or not to boost

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

darkeon

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
If my sci Gpa was about 3.2. Would it be wise to retake classes to get it up to a 3.3? Is that a productive use of time?

Members don't see this ad.

Blehh. Haven't taken it yet. Ideally was going to use the fall to prep for a spring mcat but with if I do retakes, I might have to do one (1 or 2 not sure) during the fall.

Members don't see this ad :)
From my understanding if you got 25+ on your MCAT and had some solid ECs you would have a good chance if you applied broadly.

Reactions: 1 user
How many classes are you going to retake? What is your current grade in them?

it would be just a 4 credit PHYSICs 2 class (composed of lecture and lab). I have a C in that.
As with most students, my cgpa is higher; little over 3.5. I've been lucky to have some been involved in ecs (clinical and no clinical) long term over the past 3+ years.

it would be just a 4 credit PHYSICs 2 class (composed of lecture and lab). I have a C in that.
As with most students, my cgpa is higher; little over 3.5. I've been lucky to have some been involved in ecs (clinical and no clinical) long term over the past 3+ years.
Since it is probably a prereq too, I think that would be a great course to retake if you are confident that you can get an A this time.

Since it is probably a prereq too, I think that would be a great course to retake if you are confident that you can get an A this time.

Noted. Thanks for the input