To Caffeine or Not To Caffeine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc3232

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Using the bathroom will not be a problem for me during the test.
I am wondering if it keeps everyone more focused. I know that you will be focused because it is "the big test," but you think you can become ultra focused?
Did you use it?

Members don't see this ad.

Using the bathroom will not be a problem for me during the test.
I am wondering if it keeps everyone more focused. I know that you will be focused because it is "the big test," but you think you can become ultra focused?
Did you use it?

I ve heard that ppl that have ADD take ritalin (i might be spelling it wrong) when taking tests are super focused, like a horse with blinders

I ve heard that ppl that have ADD take ritalin (i might be spelling it wrong) when taking tests are super focused, like a horse with blinders

Ok, I agree with you, but I also heard that they CAN become super focused on things other than the test. Like you might start staring at your mouse or something and end up losing valuable time. I think Ritalin for me is too much.

ive tried it and i dont recommend using it. besides the fact that you can become too focused on things besides the test, you also think so fast you may mess up. ive actually done a lot better on my tests without because when i took it i was thinking so fast made stupid mistakes.

Members don't see this ad :)
The most important consideration, is not to be UNDERcaffeinated in relation to your caffeinated level when studying.

Being undercaffeinated compared to what your brain has been habituated to will cause your focus, recall and concentration to be worse than how you would "normally perform" on a "caffeine virgin brain" without caffeine.

Cut down a few days before the test, then resume "normal/study level" caffeine level on test day.

If u r talking about #1, then maybe caffein matters.
But if #2 rings the bell during the exam. u got no choice :)

If u r talking about #1, then maybe caffein matters.
But if #2 rings the bell during the exam. u got no choice :)
hahahaha. boy that made me laugh. thank you.

as regards to caffeine/rittalin. I was wondering the same thing. I suppose I should try using the two during my practice exams and see if it helps any so I can decide whether to use or not for actual exam. I'm takin a practice exam tomm; let's see how it works out...

I think a good healthy breakfast along with some multivitamins on test day should be energizing enough... unless you've become a slave to coffee and can't function properly without it ;).. I know for me I wouldnt risk it because I'd have to pee as I'm carving soap and you can't really dance around in your chair while you're doing that...

I drank Vaults before every test this entire year and I thought it helped. Helped me gain a ton of knowledge in a small amount of time, since I always studied the night before the exams.

I guess that is not what you are looking for though.