To Call or Not to Call the Admissions Office on Oct 15th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MiamiMarmot

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

I am debating whether or not to call the med school I interviewed at and ask about my status. Is it "bad form" to call, or do they not care?

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't call UF if I were you. They said they aren't going to be accepting the majority of their class until after December. According to them, most applicants interviewing in the fall will be placed on hold initially, and as they get a better feel for the pool of applicants, they will start issuing more and more acceptances. Granted, this doesn't mean that no one will get in during the fall. If you have good numbers, and a solid interview, you have a great chance to get in this semester, just don't be too disappointed if you don't get in right away. After all, if they bothered to interview you, you're very competitive.

I know a lot of people who were interviewed by UF last year. They were all on hold for quite some time. At least they were decent enough to reject me immediately after my interview (only one week passed between interview and rejection!) ;) . A quick kill, if ya know what I mean. I would wait if I were you. This whole process is sloooooooow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was specifically told on the day of the interview at penn state that they would NOT give out acceptance/rejection info over the phone ... and to call them about post-interview status only after 8 weeks of no news.

Needless to say ... I'm dying of anxiety out here. :eek:

Thanks to everyone for sound advice. Hopefully, UF will notify me soon!