TO current Med Students (NOVA)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

discover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a question about the classes at Nova, I will be one of those who begins med school with the very MINIMUM science requirements. Upon entry I would not have even taken Biochemsty or Physiology.

What classes would you all say is the hardest there and would all recommend me reading up on anything prior to entry? If yes where should I begin? Thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

does NOVA not require physiology???

jhug said:
does NOVA not require physiology???

The minimum requirments like most schools except KCUMB are

Eight semester hours of each of the following courses:

General biology (including laboratory)
General chemistry (including laboratory)
Organic chemistry (including laboratory)
Physics (including laboratory)

Three semester hours of each of the following courses:

English literature
English composition

so no biochem or phys requirment per se,

If there are any Nova students out there...could someone please answer the original question. Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
In the first year....

I would say that Gross Anatomy and Physiology are the toughest. Possibly Microbiology.

If your not used to a science type of class physio could be a bit challenging. It is a lot of concepts and a lot of physics all rolled up into a nice package.

discover said:
...recommend me reading up on anything prior to entry?

Definitely don't. It would be a waste of your little remaining free time because without the structure of a class, you really don't know what angle to attack the info.

Just make sure to find study buddies in the same boat as you once you get here. Peers that help you absorb and retain info are immensely more useful than any preparation you could do.

NS