To DANTE 60

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asahameed

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi there, I noticed that you got into Tufts wow great .....also I from Canada and the same university and I also have an interview in Tufts on march 8th. So I kind of need some info about the interview... Also to me it seems that they have already accepted a lot of Canadian students.(there are I think limited seats for foreign students) what do u are my chances of getting in provided I do well....any help or info will be greatly appreciated...thanks for the website address from previous postings.....GOod luck next year...and have fun there
thanks

------------------

Members don't see this ad.

hey asahameed

I'm not dante60, but I'm a west coast canuck. Tufts is a private school, so I believe there isn't a cap on foreign students and they're gonna try to accept the strongest candidates.

If your DAT and gpa are competitive (like 18/18 or above and >3.1-3.2 gpa), then your chances of getting in depends on the seats still available now. You'll find out if the class is full or if you're interviewing for spots on the alternate list during the interview/tour.

Advice on the interview: first of all relax, they make it as comfortable as possible for the candidates. The interviewer asked me questions based on my AADSAS essay which he had right in front of him...so the questions depend on what you wrote. For instance, I wrote that I took a year off from school and the interview just expanded from that topic. Be active during the school intro/discussion...ask lots of questions to Jennifer Lewis and Mark Gonthier.

Good luck on your interview and let us know how everything went.

[This message has been edited by dds2b (edited 03-05-2001).]

Asahameed:

Thank you! I'm greatly looking forward to it!

Now to your questions:

dds2b hit it pretty much right on. They have no cap for foreign or domestic students, meaning: if you have the money, you have the same chances as someone with your credentials who lives in Boston.

With that said, the fact that you've been offered an interview implies that you've got an excellent chance of being accepted! They quoted me that they offered about 80% of the interviewees acceptances. When I interviewed (Feb 21st), they'd already filled up about 107 spots, out of 142. Like one of the previous posters mentioned, your odds are good, unless you have an absolutely horrible interview.

My interview consisted of a "double" interview, whereby I was interviewed with a professor AND a student at the same time. The questions from the professor were more laid back, but the ones from the student weren't as nice (as one would expect). I was asked the following questions:

"Tell me about yourself"
"Why did you pick Tufts"
"Where else did you interview, and what were your impressions?" (This is an illegal question, so be really careful how you answer it!).
"What kind of extracurriculars do you enjoy?"
"What do you do when you are stressed out?"
"If you could be someone famous, who would it be?"
"Assume you're in a group of six working on your gross anatomy lab, what would you do if someone wasn't pulling their weight?"

Just stay cool, calm, and relaxed, and you should do really well. Also, be sure to ask Mark Gonthier (or whoever is leading your tour) any questions, as he seems to know A LOT!

In all, I think you'll have no real problems getting in (as long as they aren't filled up, and they'll tell you how many have been accepted!).

Good luck and tell us how it went!

Dante.