To Dental Students and Practicing Dentists in the California Bay Area

wang259

5+ Year Member
May 16, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
How hard is it for dentists to practice in California, most notably the Bay Area? I've been to Cali a few times and love the atmosphere and weather but I'm concerned about the difficulty of practicing there, most notably due to saturation of dentists in the area, as well as the high costs to maintain a practice there. For those who have been there, do you feel these tradeoffs are ultimately worth it? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jan 8, 2010
Status
Dental Student
You're too late.

Saturated beyond belief. Some of the lowest paying jobs you can find across the US, if you manage to find one.

It is your choice if you want to sacrifice money and live there... but on the salary you make and the cost of living, you will live pretty poorly.

OP
W

wang259

5+ Year Member
May 16, 2009
Status
Pre-Dental
You're too late.

Saturated beyond belief. Some of the lowest paying jobs you can find across the US, if you manage to find one.

It is your choice if you want to sacrifice money and live there... but on the salary you make and the cost of living, you will live pretty poorly.
thanks for your comments. the outlook certainly looks bleak. may i ask what experience you are drawing this from, or is this more "common knowledge"?

Jan 8, 2010
Status
Dental Student
thanks for your comments. the outlook certainly looks bleak. may i ask what experience you are drawing this from, or is this more "common knowledge"?
My school is in socal, I grew up in the Bay Area. Most of my friends graduated UCSF or UOP. Guess what? They all moved away.