1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

To do EK 1001 or Not to Do EK 1001?

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by wheyprotein, May 27, 2008.

1. wheyprotein

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    That is indeed the question. With my MCATs coming around July 8, I have been struggling with whether or not I should do the EK 1001 series. Personally, I do not think I have time. Also, I have taken the Kaplan MCAT course and I have access to my online syllabus for another two months. Should I just practice with the subject tests in the Kaplan online syllabus? Or, should I really make the effort and find the time to do the EK 1001 series? I'd be losing vital sleep if I have to.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. smeagol

5+ Year Member

Given that you have limited time, I would do EK1001s only for subject areas that you feel weak in. For instance, if you're only weak in electrochemistry, do the electrochemistry questions and skip everything else.

Now, if you haven't bought the books, I bet you would be safe with just Kaplan, and you can save yourself some munnies while you're at it.

4. LikeClockWork

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Yeah, I would say to exhaust your Kaplan stuff first since it's really top notch. If you are still weak in specific areas, you might consider EK, but I though Kaplan was thorough enough.