to drvlad2004...regarding univ of miami/jacksoville

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docmani

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
can you please tell more about this program?..where/how can i contact them?..when were they accredited?...thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I'm not drvlad but - try going to the ACGME website and look up their info - http://www.acgme.org/adspublic/ I cut and pasted just in case you had trouble...

Jackson Memorial Hospital Program [3401121107]
Jackson Memorial/University of Miami
1095 NW 14th Terrace
Miami, Florida 33136

Sponsoring Institution: Jackson Memorial Hospital/Jackson Health System
Specialty: Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
Active?: Yes

DIRECTOR INFORMATION COORDINATOR INFORMATION
Andrew Sherman, MD
Director, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation

Phone: (305) 585-1320
Fax: (305) 243-3395
Email:

ACCREDITATION AND GENERAL INFORMATION
Original Accreditation Date: July 1, 2004
Accreditation Status: Provisional Accreditation
Accreditation Effective Date: July 1, 2004
Accredited Program Length: 3 years

Program Format: Standard

Last Site Review Date: January 5, 2004
Next Site Review Date (approximate): March 1, 2006

Program Requires Prior or Additional GME Training: NO
Program Requires Dedicated Research Year: NO
Program Participates in National Resident Matching Program: NO

Number of MD/DO Teaching Staff Whose Primary Responsibility is Resident Education:
Governement Affiliation: Veterans Administration

ACGME APPROVED/OFFERED POSITIONS ACGME FILLED POSITIONS (CATEGORICAL AND PRELIMINARY POSITIONS ONLY)
Year 1 Positions: 4
Year 2 Positions: 4
Year 3 Positions: 4

Total Number of Approved/Offered Resident Positions: 12
Year 1 Filled Positions:
Year 2 Filled Positions:
Year 3 Filled Positions:

Total Number of Filled Positions (Residents on duty in categorical/preliminary positions as of Aug 31st of the current academic year):

MEDICAL SCHOOL AFFILIATIONS
Univ of Miami Sch of Med, Miami, FL

Thanks Axm397! :)

During my time doing a Sports Medicine clerkship in Union, NJ, I haven't been able to respond quickly to some messages. I've been able to access to internet for just 30min-1 hour during the day. One more week and I am finally done with medical school :p .

Docmani,

The info that axm397 gave you was exactly the same website where I found about the U. of Miami. With the aging baby boomer generation, Florida will be a major hotspot for PM&R. That is one of a few states in the south where I am seriously considering to go practice in.

Members don't see this ad :)
it says that the program is accredited for 3 years and yet it also says categorical/prelim years:4 and no prior gme req'd...i'm confused..is it a 4 yr program in which the prelim yr is included or is it a 3 yr program?..

U of Miami will be a 3 yr PM&R program. You will have to do the internship year somewhere else.