To early to update medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medmedman

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read that some people say that it's too early to send an update to an application and that updates should really only be send if you are put on hold or if you had already interviewed - how much truth is there on this?

I know some schools, like Creighton, say they welcome any updates. So would it be a bad idea to update the medical schools I've applied to with something or is it really too early?

Members don't see this ad.

I've read that some people say that it's too early to send an update to an application and that updates should really only be send if you are put on hold or if you had already interviewed - how much truth is there on this?

I know some schools, like Creighton, say they welcome any updates. So would it be a bad idea to update the medical schools I've applied to with something or is it really too early?
Schools have barely started interviewing so far. Save updates until later in the cycle, where you have more meaningful news to tell them, and you don't end up updating every school every month.