To everyone who hasn't gotten in yet: this rally thread is for you

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know how many seats are left at LMU?

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations sherruns!!:thumbup::biglove::biglove::banana:
I hope I will also get in at Nevada and be part of the 2012 class.
Lets all keep our hopes and dreams alive.
Those waitlists will start moving soon, so good luck to all!

congratulations sherruns!!:thumbup::biglove::biglove::banana:
I hope I will also get in at Nevada and be part of the 2012 class.
Lets all keep our hopes and dreams alive.
Those waitlists will start moving soon, so good luck to all!
Thanks Ruger our class is gonna rock! I really hope you get in!!! I can't even believe this has happened!!! Someone pinch me!!

Members don't see this ad :)
http://www.dalehollow.com/Big%20Bass.jpg
Dale just told me he'd give the first person off the waitlist who rallied on this thread THIS EXCELLENT BASS.

He said forget about the pants. He said you ain't gettin' the pants, or the shirt for that matter. No way, Jose.

any losers who are bad babies about being waitlisted get turned instantly into IRISH BARBIES IN MINISKIRTS
K7920.jpg

any losers who are bad babies about being waitlisted get turned instantly into IRISH BARBIES IN MINISKIRTS
K7920.jpg

Ahhhhhh Noooooo! Oh, the humanity! :eek:;)

I :love: your posts Sherruns.

If you are waitlisted like me at three medical schools, just remember that if you decide to take a second job, as I have, that if you get frustrated and start making lewd gestures at passers-by, this is the immediate consequence, piggy!!!!!!!!!!! have the faith and wait your a** as long as it takes. May 15th. Can we wait a few more days before you embarrass us all?? thank you.
pigarrest.jpg

mini3030poly.jpg
mini RUGER 3030 clip man..................
we are rooting for ya!!!
I'd rather sleep outside than have 2020. 3030 is good!
even my dawgs think so!

He saw a letter today. Normal envelope sized. Warily he approached it...taking a deep breath....fearing for the worst...he ripped the edge apart in a slighty peculiar and jagged manner. Pulling out the letter, there was a glimpse of something positive. Gently the two pages were opened....eyes flicking from left to right...right to left...going cross-eyed, until he saw...

....feelings of damnation and relief at the same time rushing...these emotions haven't been felt for so long. He had thought they were locked for a long time in the very depths of his heart's dungeons. Hope, lessened anxiety, and something that one can describe as being betwixt melancholy and joy:

"Following a careful evaluation of your application and accompanying credentials, the Committee has voted to place your name on the Alternate List."

Verily he could not believe it....the agonizing wait must go on and thus he would have to endure. Indeed, our hero will wait and endure this test until such a time that a lighted path shall open.

For now, we shall leave this story to be continued, ladies and gentlemen. For now, we have only to dance with time and wait to see what the future portends.

He saw a letter today. Normal envelope sized. Warily he approached it...taking a deep breath....fearing for the worst...he ripped the edge apart in a slighty peculiar and jagged manner. Pulling out the letter, there was a glimpse of something positive. Gently the two pages were opened....eyes flicking from left to right...right to left...going cross-eyed, until he saw...

....feelings of damnation and relief at the same time rushing...these emotions haven't been felt for so long. He had thought they were locked for a long time in the very depths of his heart's dungeons. Hope, lessened anxiety, and something that one can describe as being betwixt melancholy and joy:

"Following a careful evaluation of your application and accompanying credentials, the Committee has voted to place your name on the Alternate List."

Verily he could not believe it....the agonizing wait must go on and thus he would have to endure. Indeed, our hero will wait and endure this test until such a time that a lighted path shall open.

For now, we shall leave this story to be continued, ladies and gentlemen. For now, we have only to dance with time and wait to see what the future portends.

Well written. Sorry dude, hope that the list moves fast for you and we see you in Suwanee this August. Don't stop believing, hold on to that feeling.

mini3030poly.jpg
mini RUGER 3030 clip man..................
we are rooting for ya!!!
I'd rather sleep outside than have 2020. 3030 is good!
even my dawgs think so!
Thanks for the props sherruns. I need all the help I can get. I sent in one more LOR from a professor hoping that it might help me get off the bubble.
keep the hope ALIVE!!:luck::luck:

Thanks for the props sherruns. I need all the help I can get. I sent in one more LOR from a professor hoping that it might help me get off the bubble.
keep the hope ALIVE!!:luck::luck:
Absolutely. I sent in a funny LOR from the father of one of my patients. The entire family had severe foot problems and their 11 year old son came to see me for UCBL's, a type of foot orthosis. The letter was about 7 paragraphs of fluff about how much I helped their family understand their foot problems LOL... Such a cute letter. I had held it back because it wasn't a professor or a chief of staff or something like that. Just a dad. Anyway, I sent it and got an immediate response from both waitlist schools. Sort of a warm fuzzy.

I REALLY hope you get in!!! Keep us posted on this thread!!!
:luck::luck::luck::luck:RUGER3030:luck::luck::luck::luck:

oh, by the way, I expect Dale will be shinin' up that trophy bass to hand off to you as the first accepted off the waitlist on this rally thread. May be a little fragrant by now! Just keep the faith, bass sammich and a side of hush puppies is on the way!!! He said you still can't have his pants, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
capt.fdc7d4dc289245c18658f47e8d361904.philippines_dog_show_xaf107.jpg
This SCUBA certified chihuahua, Bo Bice, wants everyone on the waitlist and this rally thread to get in to med school this cycle! :laugh:

For all of those on the waitlist....wondertwins power activate! Here's hoping for you all to hear soon!

Attachments

• Wonder_Twins.jpg
    Wonder_Twins.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 56
I can feel the wondertwins power, propelling me through the next few days.:laugh: T-minus 9 days until the long anticipated 15th and the ranking of the waitlist at Touro-Nv!
Bring on all the luck and super powers!:luck:

Thantis, you are so prosaic!
Have you heard anything??
The SCUBA-diving chihuahua and the wondertwins demand that you get taken off the wait list! It must be done! The power of the rally thread will not be denied!:love:

And Ruger3030 too!!! And everyone else!!! Let the powers that be in to your domain! Wait with wisdom and patience, but send in those letters of intent and thank you notes too! Keep your name in front of those tired Adcom people. They're probably swarmed with stacks of applicants. Go ahead, risk it, STAND OUT like Bo Bice!:laugh:

RALLY! RALLY! RALLY! RALLY! A FEW MORE DAYS TIL THE WAITLIST STARTS MOVING! HANG IN THERE!!!!!!
here's some motivation from a great American:
http://tonylittle.ytmnd.com/

Thantis, you are so prosaic!
Have you heard anything??
The SCUBA-diving chihuahua and the wondertwins demand that you get taken off the wait list! It must be done! The power of the rally thread will not be denied!:love:

Prosaic....ouch. Anyways, I will call the adcom and whisper to them sweet & tender words and tempt them with bribes aplenty. We shall see what happens. :hardy:

Prosaic....ouch. Anyways, I will call the adcom and whisper to them sweet & tender words and tempt them with bribes aplenty. We shall see what happens. :hardy:
Maybe a better word is "illustrative". It was meant as a compliment to your evocative style.

What's up guys? I called NYCOM today for a status check and the lady at the admissions office said, "The letter should be going out tomorrow, so keep your eye on the mail, ok?" I'm exceptionally nervous! May this thread bring me some luck!

Well ****. How's that for suspense? Good luck!

Yeah, tell me about it. I'm going to be going crazy on saturday/early next week. I'm still hoping for the best. Thanks man!

- Here's a little bit of luck in my favor, if you're superstitious: I had chinese food the end of last week and my fortune read, "A cheerful letter or message is on its way to you"

That's nice and all, but have you ever gotten a fortune cookie that said "you are a ****ing *******"?

That's nice and all, but have you ever gotten a fortune cookie that said "you are a ****ing *******"?

Touche. I just figured this "fortune" was more specific to the actual situation.

Well, I have been in hiding for a little while, studying for finals and the MCAT. I am taking the MCAT on Saturday though!!! I actually feel prepared this time, unlike the last 2 times. Kind of sad to say that it is taking me this long to score above 20! (yes, I am stupid when it comes to the MCAT, but I really do know material, I just freak out when it comes time to take a standardized test and I fall for a lot of traps!)

And, I would like to confirm that I am out of the run for this application cycle, but I already have AACOMAS filled out and ready to submit after my grades are released on Monday! Next application cycle is going to be the year for me!!! :D

Well, I have been in hiding for a little while, studying for finals and the MCAT. I am taking the MCAT on Saturday though!!! I actually feel prepared this time, unlike the last 2 times. Kind of sad to say that it is taking me this long to score above 20! (yes, I am stupid when it comes to the MCAT, but I really do know material, I just freak out when it comes time to take a standardized test and I fall for a lot of traps!)

And, I would like to confirm that I am out of the run for this application cycle, but I already have AACOMAS filled out and ready to submit after my grades are released on Monday! Next application cycle is going to be the year for me!!! :D
YOU GO GIRL!! GOOD LUCK! May the powers of the rally thread be with you!!!:luck::luck::luck:

Hey guys! This thread is a great idea! Anyone read "The Secret"? Thinking positively attracts positive things. I sure could use that from all of you!

I've interviewed at RVUCOM and TOURCOM NY. I haven't heard back from Touro and I'm in some kind of limbo at Rocky Vista.

I was trying to be soo positive about both and was doing okay...but lately it's been getting more difficult. This waiting game isn't easy! I want to know & I want it to be yes!! So keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TLmpL2AzLs[/youtube]
Some goofy fun.
GOOD LUCK!!
>>>>>DENVERBIONERD<<<<<<<<<<<

barbie.jpg
FIVE MORE DAYS UNTIL THE ADCOMS TAKE OUR CROWNS. Darn those brunettes with foil weaves!!! And those lip injections. THE HORROR!

DENVERBIONERD
seriously
kicks butt
ok sorry about all the size 7 yelling.
just GOOD VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
POSITIVE THINKING BEGETS RESULTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i sound like a motivational poster.
42-17473702_24_36~Optimism-Posters.jpg
Doesn't matter if the glass is half empty or half full if you have a lot of glasses.

one more good wish -- SPINNERBAIT!
100_0532.JPG

What's up guys? I called NYCOM today for a status check and the lady at the admissions office said, "The letter should be going out tomorrow, so keep your eye on the mail, ok?" I'm exceptionally nervous! May this thread bring me some luck!
SOOOOOOOOOOO metalmd06
we're all waiting to hear what happened...............
the rally thread hangs with its own..........
represent metalmd06!!!!!

I can feel the wondertwins power, propelling me through the next few days.:laugh: T-minus 9 days until the long anticipated 15th and the ranking of the waitlist at Touro-Nv!
Bring on all the luck and super powers!:luck:
ruger3030 report to us. we're all hopin' for ya!!!!!!!
GIVE THE RALLY THREAD THE NEWS!!!!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u61vw_jBAvE[/youtube]

runner898. BELIEVE IN YOURSELF!!!!
You are your BEST ALLY!!!!!!!!!
TELL US HOW YOU DID TODAY! THERE WERE LOTS OF US PULLING FOR YA!!!!!!!!!!!!
I REALLY HOPE YOU NAILED IT! LET US KNOW HOW YOU DID!!!!!!!!!!
I HOPE YOU KILLED THE MCAT!!!

Okay, so I am not sure how I did....guess I'll have to wait until June 10th. I am so wore out from studying so much and then taking the test, I can barely remember what all I was tested on yesterday. I think the PS was kind of hard. Usually I am a little more comfortable with physics. There were so many questions that I should have known and should have been straight forward, but I just couldn't figure it out! And I had SO many formulas memorized and ready to go!

I ran out of time on the last passage on verbal. Super long passages, super long questions. I never know how I do until I get my score on verbal. It is usually my highest section, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is my lowest section this time.

BS was the best section for me this time, I think! I would hate to think that I fell for a lot of traps, but I feel the most confident about this section. I already know of 2 discreets that I missed, which really makes me mad.

Overall, my score should have improved. If not, I am calling it quits, getting a nursing degree and becoming a nurse practitioner. I think if it doesn't work out, it's not God's will for me and maybe he is trying to get it through my hard head that I am not supposed to be a doctor. If med school works out and I get to be a doctor, great!!!

Hey guys! This thread is a great idea! Anyone read "The Secret"? Thinking positively attracts positive things. I sure could use that from all of you!

I've interviewed at RVUCOM and TOURCOM NY. I haven't heard back from Touro and I'm in some kind of limbo at Rocky Vista.

I was trying to be soo positive about both and was doing okay...but lately it's been getting more difficult. This waiting game isn't easy! I want to know & I want it to be yes!! So keep your fingers crossed for me guys!

Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

I can't decide if I think "The Secret" is just a bunch of BS or just plain common sense. It's not a huge revelation to think that thinking positively would attract positive things. I hate to use this phrase but, no duh!! :thumbdown: Sorry you must have hit one of my nerves that conducts impulses of annoyance. Carry on with the merriment and good vibes of this thread.

Okay, so I am not sure how I did....guess I'll have to wait until June 10th. I am so wore out from studying so much and then taking the test, I can barely remember what all I was tested on yesterday. I think the PS was kind of hard. Usually I am a little more comfortable with physics. There were so many questions that I should have known and should have been straight forward, but I just couldn't figure it out! And I had SO many formulas memorized and ready to go!

I ran out of time on the last passage on verbal. Super long passages, super long questions. I never know how I do until I get my score on verbal. It is usually my highest section, but I wouldn't be surprised if it is my lowest section this time.

BS was the best section for me this time, I think! I would hate to think that I fell for a lot of traps, but I feel the most confident about this section. I already know of 2 discreets that I missed, which really makes me mad.

Overall, my score should have improved. If not, I am calling it quits, getting a nursing degree and becoming a nurse practitioner. I think if it doesn't work out, it's not God's will for me and maybe he is trying to get it through my hard head that I am not supposed to be a doctor. If med school works out and I get to be a doctor, great!!!
It's now just a buncha waiting. Does this ever stop in this field? I feel as if I have been waiting half of my life, and it's only been half of a year. I'm just glad it's over for ya and I wish you the best on it. Don't try to second guess yourself -- what's done is done. I just hope you did really, really well!!!
:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:RUNNER898:luck::luck::luck::luck::luck:

Thanks so much sherunns! You definitely made my day with that video & the pic of the fish man. He's hot...got his number?! haha! I needed that little pick-me-up.

EEL08: I know what you mean about The Secret. Some of it is a little too hokey for me. I will tell you this though, on the way to NY for my interview I was reading a bit of it and it helped so much for my interview. I was so calm and it was obvious my interviewers were impressed...they said so a couple of times. Only time will tell though...when they give me an acceptance! (i'm trying that optimism thing!)

runner898: Don't forget that the MCAT isn't just about how you did. Chances are that if you felt like it was kinda tough a lot of other people did too. They'll score it accordingly based on how everyone did. Don't give up & keep kicking butt! You can do it!

ruger3030 report to us. we're all hopin' for ya!!!!!!!
GIVE THE RALLY THREAD THE NEWS!!!!!!

I am still just waiting. Roger said that by Monday the 19th the waitlist will be ranked. So I am just waiting with anticipation for one more week.:eek:

I am trying not to go crazy with the waiting. Once I know any news I will definitely post it up here in like size 72 font (if it is good news).
I am not giving up and I still need all the help, hope, power, and anything else that will help me get accepted.
Thanks for all the good vibes and good luck to everyone on the waitlist :luck:, keep the optimistic thoughts alive and sherruns keep the awesome pictures coming. They make us all smile.

Had to weigh in on this. There are many things that you can do. Go to the non US schools. Podiatrist, Dentist, Vet, Nurse Anesthetist I would pick over practitioner. They get more respect, make better money. God's will may be that you have to wait another year or two and still become a Physician. We do not always know the plan. And have an AHA moment later. Just my 10 cents.

"It is never too late for us to become what we might have been":)

Had to weigh in on this. There are many things that you can do. Go to the non US schools. Podiatrist, Dentist, Vet, Nurse Anesthetist I would pick over practitioner. They get more respect, make better money. God's will may be that you have to wait another year or two and still become a Physician. We do not always know the plan. And have an AHA moment later. Just my 10 cents.

"It is never too late for us to become what we might have been":)

Thanks for the advice. I definitely do not see myself being a dentist, podiatrist, or vet. I have considered being a nurse anesthetist, but I think I would rather deal with general practice than that. I am not sure yet. If I do end up going that route, I will job shadow because I think that is the best way to find out what you really want to do.

Yes, hopefully the plan for me was to just put off med school for one year. I am really hoping that this is the year because I don't see myself being truly happy with anything else, and my husband has been so patient and supportive through all of it. :love:

Oh, and I do agree with the saying that it is never too late. There was a lady taking the MCAT at the same time as me that was at least 50 years old. Amazing!!! I hope she did well. What a hard decision to make at that age.

Priority waitlist at NYCOM... keep on waiting...

Don't you just hate that ****? What the **** does that even mean?

Don't you just hate that ****? What the **** does that even mean?

Yeah, its like almost getting to have sex.

Are we going to do it or not, just let me know either way.

Hopefully those waitlists will move soon and everyone waiting will get in. :thumbup:

Thank you all for your support. I just received an email today that I got into TOUROCOM! Keep hoping and believing! Your dreams will come true!

:D:thumbup:Accepted into NYCOM Med-PREP! Incredibly psyched and determined. Thanks for all of your support. KEEP WISHING ME LUCK, and BEST of luck to the rest of those who are still waiting!

Thank you all for your support. I just received an email today that I got into TOUROCOM! Keep hoping and believing! Your dreams will come true!

Of course, the powers that be on this Rally Thread take at least SOME of the Karma Credit for this acceptance. Never ever doubt the power of the Rally Thread!!!

CONGRATS TO YOU DENVERBIONERD!! Hyram wanted me to tell you that wants to go on a date with you almost as much as catch and release. He dont care if you are gonna have a better job than him. He just wants you to buy him a 20' flat top Dale Earnhardt INTIMIDATOR bass boat with a tandem trailer, 2 live wells, and a 40 horse Johnson trollin' motor. That's IT. He will be your cabin boy forever. His number is BR-549.

If you and Hiram don't hook up, Luis San Luis Obispo-Mulleto, Serge the Norwegian Mullet and Baby Huey Chipmunko Mulletman said they would be happy to take you for some swanky all you can eat fish and chips down to the casino!!!! Check out them shoes while you are at it. They doubt you can top their style. They are definitely smokin' HOTTTTTT!!!!!
wed.jpg

:D:thumbup:Accepted into NYCOM Med-PREP! Incredibly psyched and determined. Thanks for all of your support. KEEP WISHING ME LUCK, and BEST of luck to the rest of those who are still waiting!
WAY TO GO METALMD06!!! WE KNEW IT WOULD HAPPEN!!!! METALMD06 IS MADE OF HOTROD RED IRON!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Hx6TEqrzHU[/youtube]