SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

To gasrx and other DOs:

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by navs, Jan 24, 2002.

1. navs

navs Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Boston
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering what the word is in the DO world on getting jobs afterwards in competing with MDs??

Do private practices that are mainly composed of MDs prefer MDs?? Or vice-versa?? If so, do DOs usually get better responses from DO run practices??

I don't think I have ever seen any feedback concerning this topic of DO and MD comp. for private practice jobs.

Any feedback would be apprciated.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. gasrx

gasrx Member 7+ Year Member

I have no idea. I would think the most important factor in getting the best job is where you did your training and letter of rec./references. What I noticed on the interview trail was that the top anesthesia programs have a tremendous network of former grads across the country not just regionally. This must help when looking for the ideal job. With the job market so hot, getting any anesthesia job is easy, but the best jobs must still be competitive. Who knows, i'll let you know in 4-5 years. Good luck!

4. navs

navs Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 16, 2001
    Boston
    Hi gasrx,

Read ur note on going to the Brigham for anesthesia. Do u know if they have a strong network nationwide and not just locally??

Also, do u know if their res. end up getting favorable offers when they go private??

Thanks.

5. dcdo

dcdo Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jan 26, 1999
    Just from interview experience,it would appear that your residency will have connections in their area for jobs. I don't think there would be discrimination beyond that, but who knows. if you can do manipulation proficiently, I understand you will have NO PROBLEM getting a job, as it is a rare skill in fairly high demand.

6. gasrx

gasrx Member 7+ Year Member

I did a month elective at the Brigham. From talking to the residents, they absolutely have no problems finding jobs anywhere. Most of the senior residents that I spoke with stated that they had a ton of offers in great locations. The residents seem very desirable because they are coming from a Harvard program. I would think the Brigham has a large network nation wide because they take residents from all over the country/world, most of whom return home. Also a lot of their faculty travel the world to give talks.