Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

to geek medic,bell kicker or anyone

Discussion in 'Step I' started by rajal, Oct 17, 2002.

1. rajal

rajal Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

please help me.i have my exams in 5 weeks,i have done 3 vol og BSS and used to score around 65-70% and now that i have started doing q bank, iam scoring around 55-60%, iam really worried.iam going around kaplan books for 2 time.please can some one tell me how do i use these 5 weeks and also to improve my scores,iam doing FA now along with these.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. BellKicker

BellKicker Twisted Miler
    7+ Year Member

OK, I think first of all you should calm down. 5 weeks is a long time. You could start over with your studying and still have plenty of time. I wish I had some glorious piece of advice but all I can really tell you to do is study hard.

I didn't look much at First Aid until the last 2 weeks but then that's almost all I did read for those 2 weeks. I would read it once and make a mark every time there was something I wasn't 100% on. First time through I had marks at 75% percent of all the keywords (the words in bold on the left). Then I went through again and when there was something I still didn't get I would give it a second mark. Then I would go through it again and again..... You get the picture. I kept making bets with myself about which keyword would survive the longest. It was a tight battle between one of the cancer drugs and that chart with sphingomyelin and the gangliosides. They both lasted 11 circulations, I think!

Anyway, I really used my competitive/anal streak. I would high five my imaginary friends when I scored a good qbank %age. Dumb stuff like that.

Good luck.

ps. I thought qbank was much harder than the actual test. I got 74% right after all the questions, no repeats, but I waited till the last month to do my q's. DOn't forget you have lots of time! You could take a week off and still have a month left!

4. southerndoc

southerndoc life is good
    Physician Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Relax, you'll do fine! We all get spastic towards the end. Just hang in there. If you find that you can't study because of worrying so much, then go to a physician and get something to calm you down NOW instead of later!

5. rajal

rajal Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

thanks bell kicker,that was really comforting.i was really freaking out when i saw those scores,though i have done only 200 questions yet.as u say,i really need to calm down.
    may be this happens as iam really all by myself without anybody's help,i thought i was not on right track and may be i was missing something.
    geek medic,my gosh iam not really in that bad shape to get some physicians help.hopefully i stay calm.

once again thanks my friends.