To go into Medicine or not to?

SqMstr

Downtown Miami
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, my names Alex. I am a 25 year old male I have graduated from college with my degree in Massage Therapy and I am also a certified public accountant.... This is just for backround.

I dont know a lot about medicine but it's always intreagued me. I am thinking about the medicine career because i want to be a part of change, part of something more than just myself..if that makes sence lol :p

Like i said not familiar with it... but can anyone tell me if this would be a wise move? I have always wanted to diagnose patients but i dont know what kinda doctor that is... well any feedback would help guys after comments and such i will post more questions....

I thank you for your time and intelligence in helping me in this matter, have a wonderful week..

Alex.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello Alex,

To begin, you posted in the wrong forum. This section is for high school students. I'm sure it will be moved soon but you may not get very many answers if a majority of the views are from high school students.

You are only 25 years old, you are still young. Absolutely yes, the doors can still be open for you in terms of medicine. You don't really have to know what kind of medicine you want to practice yet, and thats okay. In medical school, students have rotations for 2 years and many students find their passion for a particular medical specialty at that time. Keep your mind open. You are most likely going to have to take the pre-reqs that most medical schools require you to have in order to apply and so you can have a proper knowledge of material before taking the MCAT.

The pre-reqs are the following: 1 year of general chemistry, 1 year of organic chemistry, 1 year of biology, 1 year of physics, and sometimes you need a semester of biochemistry for some medical schools.

Look up post-bac programs and SMPs.

Search the forums. Theres everything you need to know on here, but be cautious for opinionated advice.

Thank you for the advice friend, I am going to be doing some digging :)

I understood what you said about (The pre-reqs are the following: 1 year of general chemistry, 1 year of organic chemistry, 1 year of biology, 1 year of physics, and sometimes you need a semester of biochemistry for some medical schools)

I Appreciate your help however what did you mean by (Look up post-bac programs and SMPs.) I checked Post-bac programs but is that for when im doing my pre req.. or after?

you gave me a lot of info which is great for me to know trying to figure it all out