1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

to hazelnuts

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by realysa, Dec 5, 2002.

1. realysa

realysa Member

hello hazelnuts,

do you mind telling me more about your telephone contact with stony brook? have they told you that you've been admitted?

just wondering b/c i called them today and they said that my application was complete, but haven't taken any action on it. i don't know how to take that.

i appreciate your input.

thanks!

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hazelnuts

Hazelnuts Junior Member

hey..
    do you remember the lady who charges for the admission blur..?
    When i got a call, who called me was the lady. She told me that i got accepted and she wanted to call me earlier because they were going to send the letter out in Dec. 2 so that i would wait so long if they didn't call me. I was surpised and happy when she called me so nicely..I don't know how i can tell you. And I went to the post office yesterday to get the acceptance letter because they sent it by certified letter which i should go to the post office and sign on it.
    As you told me you are just curious about your stats at Stony brook. you are goin' to Buffalo. you don't need to mind... ^^

WE ARE GOING TO BE A DENTIST~ That 's all we want!~~ :love:

4. realysa

realysa Member

hey hazelnuts,

thanks for the info! i was just wondering if they were sending out letters yet. i called and they said that my app was completer, but hadn't made any kind of decision. so, at least i haven't been rejected yet. okay, good luck to you!

5. Urai

Urai Junior Member

Hazelnuts...

I am the one who posted that UB was my first choice. I am not sure where realysa's primary choice is.

realysa

I interviewed on 11/19, however, I did not get my official transcripts sent directly to the school until the following week. I was told that they will not review an applicants application without their own set of official transcripts, so maybe you should make sure you sent them out. By the way, I still have not heard news from the school so don't feel like you are the only one. Just relax and keep your fingers crossed. :)

6. realysa

realysa Member

hey urai,

i interviewed on oct 1 and my application is complete. i guess i better wait some more. thanks for the encouragement.

7. realysa

realysa Member

hey urai,

i interviewed on oct 1 and my application is complete. i guess i better wait some more. thanks for the encouragement.

8. Floss

Floss Member

Realysa, I interviewed on Oct 1 too. Dr. Riley called me on Sunday Dec 1, and I got a certified letter a couple of days later. I also got accepted to Nova and Upenn (with a dean's scolarship). I am leaning towards Stonybrook now.

Who are you?