To Henna

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nondentist

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sorry for starting this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by nondentist
I think it is good idea not to encourage the topics, which are not related to international dental issues. We are already seeing the side effects.

We were doing fine in this forum until a few "not so tolerant" members decided to join and ruin the party for everyone. And now it has spread like a virus.

I don't think we should fight again and again, but neither do I think a few new members should ruin it for everyone. Members like yourself, Kish and some others that created a mess out of a couple culturally ignorant questions. All for not understanding what beign from another culture means.

I say we go back to the way we were before.

EDIT: At the request of nondentist I'm erasing the asterisks. Done.

meggs! let me explain this to you that it is NOT compulsory for you to poke your long nose into each and every thread to post a comment just for the heck of posting it! please understand that you may read a lot of things, but it is not necessary for you to post a comment on each and every subject!
looks like you seem to be over-inflated with your ego, that it probably makes you feel insecure if you do not post your comment on a subject! first, you could have ignored the simple comment made on your signature in the singhson's thread, but you made such a BIG deal out of it! and then you went around complaining about it in other threads and to add to it, you seem to be starting off another stir out here by trying to flame "not so tolerant" and all the crap! give me a break!! if senior people like you in the forum start living on egos, i wonder what lesson will the new members learn!
i suggest you to refrain from your temptation of trying to post a message for each and every single message, many of which has caused so much of a problem! if you take a good search of all your posts, you may wonder many people till now may have been offended by the way you write..but have just decided to keep silent or ignored, and have not made a counter-attack or started complaining!
yeah! am pretty much sure you are all getting geared up towards me to post a very toxic message against me...but I dont care! people like you who live for egos cannot easily make me decide to leave this forum for ever!
am really sorry folks! but i did not intend to add on anything new to the prevalant situation in the forum! but this meggs topic has just taken a toll on my patience!
mp.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by manishapatel
meggs! let me explain this to you that it is NOT compulsory for you to poke your long nose into each and every thread to post a comment just for the heck of posting it! please understand that you may read a lot of things, but it is not necessary for you to post a comment on each and every subject!
looks like you seem to be over-inflated with your ego, that it probably makes you feel insecure if you do not post your comment on a subject! first, you could have ignored the simple comment made on your signature in the singhson's thread, but you made such a BIG deal out of it! and then you went around complaining about it in other threads and to add to it, you seem to be starting off another stir out here by trying to flame "not so tolerant" and all the crap! give me a break!! if senior people like you in the forum start living on egos, i wonder what lesson will the new members learn!
i suggest you to refrain from your temptation of trying to post a message for each and every single message, many of which has caused so much of a problem! if you take a good search of all your posts, you may wonder many people till now may have been offended by the way you write..but have just decided to keep silent or ignored, and have not made a counter-attack or started complaining!
yeah! am pretty much sure you are all getting geared up towards me to post a very toxic message against me...but I dont care! people like you who live for egos cannot easily make me decide to leave this forum for ever!
am really sorry folks! but i did not intend to add on anything new to the prevalant situation in the forum! but this meggs topic has just taken a toll on my patience!
mp.

:cool:

well,ok its an international dental forum but since we belong to different part of the world,we sometimes feel anxious to know about each others and sometimes there are certain issues that we want to go through only for curiousity.so i will post what ever i like as long as it doesent hurt anyone,and those who are so sensetive then they just have to +pissed+
if you go through last threads where the conflict ourbroke you really can find it being started by new members of the forum who dident have the politeness nor the ethics to tolerate the cultural diversity and instead of dealing with the offense(from their point of view)with wisedom,rudeness and anger and hatered was what we read.
meggs is one of the active and helpfull member of this forum who dedicated herself to cooperate with her fellows.
Manishaptel in this forum rudeness and savageness will not be tolerated and i suggest you go back to read maggs post or if you allready read them ,then i think you are holding an attitude against meggs which i think is unexplainable.
manishaptel if i missspelled your name please dont flame me back.

:thumbup: for you meggs and to all others who make this forum home rather than a bus station.

Originally posted by toothlord
well,ok its an international dental forum but since we belong to different part of the world,we sometimes feel anxious to know about each others and sometimes there are certain issues that we want to go through only for curiousity.so i will post what ever i like as long as it doesent hurt anyone,and those who are so sensetive then they just have to +pissed+
if you go through last threads where the conflict ourbroke you really can find it being started by new members of the forum who dident have the politeness nor the ethics to tolerate the cultural diversity and instead of dealing with the offense(from their point of view)with wisedom,rudeness and anger and hatered was what we read.
meggs is one of the active and helpfull member of this forum who dedicated herself to cooperate with her fellows.
Manishaptel in this forum rudeness and savageness will not be tolerated and i suggest you go back to read maggs post or if you allready read them ,then i think you are holding an attitude against meggs which i think is unexplainable.
manishaptel if i missspelled your name please dont flame me back.

:thumbup: for you meggs and to all others who make this forum home rather than a bus station.

ToothLoard

I totally agree with u people dont seem to understand that people sometimes post the questions out of curiosity and they start posting the infurating comments which starts the fight. Well not all of us r from india so we dont know about india so if u dont want to answer us dont . Dont act like this forum is only for u.

We all r educted people here and what is the harm if we want to learn about each others culture

Meggs :thumbup: we all love u and appreciate all ur help

manishapatel u should be sorry for what u said and dont start posting on behalf of other people if some one doesnt like meggs or her post they can complain themselves

BOND

BOND and toothlord, I completely agree with you guys. Honestly, it seems to me like this issue was brought out of nowhere...yet again.

This IS the INTERNATIONAL DENTAL forum. Hence I would expect that alot more tolerance should be practiced here. I highly doubt that ANYONE will post anything here to directly offend any particular group of people or individual for that matter. Some are just more sensitive than others, which is to be expected. But we would all get alot father by calmly addressing issues than to fly off the handle everytime.

I think Meggs and everyone else is definitely entitled to post any opinion they may have......just like those of you who posted nothing but hatred and rudeness in your posts. There is no difference between the two.

So let's just keep this forum like it used to be......and not try to change it so much.

First off, its no TOS violation to post as many times on as many threads as one wants!! No one can come in here and say otherwise.

But honestly.. this recent spate of rude posts is like a rash that refuses to go away! Where's the love, y'all??? This was the one room where everyone was civil and decent and helpful. Three words for someone who doesn't like a thread/post: Close The Window :D

Lets all just get along, like we used to.
:cool:

Tasha

Hey meggs maybe its time that you just take the back seat and NOT post just because you want to notch up the highest no. of posts. think before you post.

And if your'e ignorant about a topic being discussed then go read up on it bfore you display your ignorance.
Maybe your'e the 'not so tolerant" one in this forum.

And another thing, please stop thinking of yourself as a/the Moderator of this forum. We all know thats what you so badly want to be but thats the reason we have Henna and NOT You.
I bet you even have "senior member of SDN forum" printed on your resume and business cards.

P.S. JUst because it says your'e a senior member and u have like a million posts it doesn't qualify you to flaunt the fact just to put down newer members. Your not the boss of me nor any other member of this forum.

GET A LIFE.

hang on guys....let me explain some things clearly here..I have no intentions nor do I have any rights to prevent meggs or anyone from posting how many ever messages they want to! yes! i fully understand it!
the gist of my whole message which many people failed to get is that, THIS particular message of meggs posted above had no rationale in it , as it was only adding on more fire to the already prevalent situation in this forum! instead of just reamining silent, meggs was trying start off a stir again (to gain sympathy and support i guess) by flaming people here and in fact taking names, which will instigate anybody (like the person who has posted above..) ; and this is what I was trying to prevent, by asking her to not post messages simply for the heck of posting it!
she did the same thing in the past (in the singhson's thread) where things could have been better if she had just ignored a simple comment on her! things could have gotten even better if she had also refrained herself from complaining about that in some other threads! and now this one again! this just shook me!
there are a lot of people in the forums who may not be bold enough to post their messages for fear of being rebuked (as evident from the numerous pm's i have got since the time i posted my previous messages).....such people will fear even more to post their messages, if such posts continue.....
yeah tasha, I understand it is not a TOS violation to post any number of messages, but I hope to have convinced you guys the gist of my message...
I am a very peace loving person and get really, really turned off when people just try to instigate violence!
mp

hi everyone!

ok first of all...peace, chill guys! :D

agreed this is an international dental forum but sometimes topics other than dentistry can be discussed too i suppose. many of us here have been here a long time....lending a supporting hand/ to clarify doubts/ motivate etc.... a lot of us here have formed some lasting friendships thru this forum....a lot of us who felt alone in our struggle to the top of the DDS ladder found some really great friends and co-strugglers here. so its only natural if we want to discuss things other than only dentistry sometimes. these people who respond to each and every thread are the same people who are instantly there for u when u need it most and tell u things that point u the right way. lets not forget that. how many lurkers have been helped by reading the rapport/conversation we have had here on this forum? lots! and how many lurkers have actually helped all of us here? not too many!! its the ones who post that make the forum!!! everyone has a right to post here as long as it doesnt infuriate/hurt/put down another person.

i for one love being part of this forum..... :)

and for the ones who dont want nondental stuff- dont open the nondental threads - and if thats too tough to do, perform a search for the particular topic u want to look into. it will save u all the bother of being part of this forum and forming some lasting/enriching relationships by getting to know more of ur colleagues!

Hey people

I think we all need to relax....Manishapatel and kishn I think u r being very unfair to Meggs.....she has been rally helpful to all of us....and I am not too sure which posts are you talking about.....if I have posted anything which has hurt anyone,I am sorry.....but pls stop lashing out at others......chill guys.....we are here to help each other,congratulate the ones who get an admit and cheer up the not so lucky ones and motivate them on.....Henna I think you need to step in.....Meggs.....if u r starting with school I am sure u could do without the headaches.....but I really appreciate all your help.

gpg

Accepting differences and remaining peaceful is a virtue. We will not tolerate any kind of cultural, racial or religous belligerence but being supportive while not taking away another's right is also vital.

This is an international forum and I will moderate this forum a little differently from the others as we are all international folks with culturally diverse backgounds. I will allow few other topics that will be more accepted by the international folks in this forum as along as it is not intended to offend or insult anyone, otherwise I will move it to a more appropriate forum.. I believe this will make it easier for the members to feel more accepted in this forum and will be encouaged to interact with the rest of the members.

Jokes, when related to certain culture might offend certain people and if they express than we should repect that, in such cases I suggest we post it just as an addition to an already present thread like "lighter side" where it would fit better.

Indulging in petulant altercations will only show your weakness and pettiness so please carry out differences in a much more acceptable and professional manner, we will never agree with anyone 100% but we can always find a way to get along, if it does'nt work use the ignore button.

Henna

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by manishapatel
mp.

ooooooooooooooooops.....well manisha..........it never helps to be so pushy...........anyways buddy we can all post what we feel.....but defintely not by overlooking the facts......well meggs is one of the most helpful people on the forum.......and yes even if u did not like what she posted she can be forgiven........we all say or do wrong things......................once in a while even she can falter.........verbal volleys are no answer.......this is a discussion forum not a forum to show your anger.................no offense meant... it goes for all of us........................so here we are........lets help each other...............not target..........:love: :love: wish the forum all happiness........may GOD bless all of us........

hi henna......thanks a lot........

quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
originally posted by Kishn
Your not the boss of me nor any other member of this forum
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well Kishn, how about taking your own words more seriously. Just like Meggs not being your boss, how about you stop being one and not dictate to others what to post and what not.

quote:
originally posted by toothlord
meggs is one of the active and helpful member of this forum who dedicated herself to cooperate with her fellows.

i totally agree with toothlord on this. For people having problem with Meggs for posting replies, well how about you guys stop lurking in the background trying to gather as much info as possible, without offering any in return.

Hello ppl,
Contrary to what some of the 'not so happy' sdn family members believe..I think Meggs is one of the most helpful and encouraging people on the forum.Keep up the great work meggs..You totally rock girl:clap:

Hi friends,
meggs is one of the most helpfull persons in the forum and I do appreciate her.I myself got help from her many times and she never hesitated once.

we have a lot more problems...taking the boards,interveiws,loans,housing,NERB etc etc...and no time to fight.

Lets all be helpfull in solving our problems with other`s experiences and ahead to our destiny.

chillout and be happy..............

sree.

What really cracks me up is the fact that nondentist is not even a dentist. He is a surgical resident...and he claims that he comes on this site for the sake of -and I quote him- "[his] lazy wife who is a dentist".

Maybe he should just let his wife enjoy the forum. Instead of him coming on here and starting all sorts of negative threads.

I suggest we stop provoking one another, if this continues I will hold the individual responsible for their actions.

Henna

Henna :

We were ALL living in peace & Harmony Untill..................

Henna,

I think you KNOW who you need to hold responsible. Some people on here are very sly...come in...start a fire...and leave. They are the ones who need to be dealt with. I am just stating the very obvious.

Originally posted by sara25
Henna,

I think you KNOW who you need to hold responsible. Some people on here are very sly...come in...start a fire...and leave. .

The best thing to do is not to fuel it.:)

oyi SARA25, nondentist started this thread with peaceful intentions in mind. i don't think YOU should start the flaming all over again. Stay out of it if you don't have anything constructive to say.
And i dont think you should be telling anyone what u think their wives/husbands should do.