To Interview or Not Interview

Balsawood201

Feb 21, 2012
    I have already been accepted to UNC and NOVA and I plan on attending UNC (in-state). I have received interview invites at ECU, Maryland, Tufts, and U-Penn. I am having a tough decision as to whether I should go to any more interviews. Any thoughts?

hungrydentist

Mar 18, 2012
    Outer Space
    1. Pre-Dental
      I have already been accepted to UNC and NOVA and I plan on attending UNC (in-state). I have received interview invites at ECU, Maryland, Tufts, and U-Penn. I am having a tough decision as to whether I should go to any more interviews. Any thoughts?

If you are pretty much set on attending your state school, then why waste more $ on other interviews? Then again, it doesn't hurt to have more options.

I was lucky enough to be accepted to a few schools and I dropped one of my post-dec interviews because I couldn't imagine myself choosing that school over the ones I was already accepted to. Hope this helps, good luck!

About the Ads

b0110

Jun 14, 2012
        Yeah NOVA and Tufts are pretty much out for me. Penn is a tough call because it's so damn expensive and Maryland I feel is pretty much on par with UNC. Any clue if there are some really good traits that these schools have?

If UNC is your instate school, then it would be smartest to go there because it will be much cheaper. Not to mention, UNC is a great school. If your lucky enough to have a great in state school like UNC, UCLA, Michigan,etc and you get accepted there, you should go there under most circumstances.

warmbroom

5+ Year Member
        Jun 6, 2012
        1. Pre-Dental
          I wouldn't waste time or money interviewing somewhere else. UNC is a great school, and as an in-state student it is one of, if not the least expensive dental schools in the country to attend.

monkeyteeth

7+ Year Member
          Jun 8, 2011
          1. Pre-Dental
            short answer is no. You have already accepted into your state school. So here are the pros 1) cheaper 2) closer to home, if close enough you could live with your parent and come out with apprx $150K in debt 3) again, you save money by not wasting it on air ticket 4) you should only consider interviews if other schools are cheaper and better than UNC 5) drop NOVA for me please!:laugh:

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.