Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

To Interview or Not to Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by EW1779, Oct 9, 2001.

1. EW1779

EW1779 Senior Member

It's the strangest thing....

I got a few interview invites a few weeks ago....and no rejections yet. I started to feel more competetive than I thought I was. But now, it's been 2 weeks and I have heard nothing else...and this includes schools that are definitely interviewing by now. Now, I am starting to feel less competetive. Anyone else experiencing this??

Maybe I should just chalk it up to the fact that my last name starts with "W." hehe

On the plus side, my Rochester interview is Thursday!! Yikes!! :eek:

thanks guys...

:D :D :D

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ajz

ajz Member

I am in the same boat. First three interviews came very quickly (August) since then I have heard nothing. Don't worry about it. The positive side is that we have no rejections.... :D . We are probably in the "Hold to Interview Pile" which is not a bad thing. But it definately is frustrating- I am so anxious to check my email and mailbox.

4. Mossjoh

Mossjoh Mayo Clinic-PGY2

Same boat here..I got interviews at Michigan State, Indiana and CCOM really quickly....now...nothing. What's the deal?
    I applied to NW and Loyola, they are interviewing...sometimes I think everyone but me. MCW is interviewing too...everyone but me..... :(

Anyway, I'll survive.

Mossjoh

5. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Same here :( 6 Interviews and now nothing...I check my email and mailbox continuously.

6. sz

sz Senior Member

same situation here ... after the first two, things seemed to have stopped rolling for me. I just hope I don't suddenly get a LARGE batch of rejection letters. :(

E'01 ... 6 interviews and you feelin down! :rolleyes:

Wish I had six :D

7. nochaser

nochaser Senior Member

wish I had ONE!

8. sz

sz Senior Member

Hey nochaser:

You'll get one soon! :) Hang in there..

9. EW1779

EW1779 Senior Member

i have five so far......no rejections....so i should not complain. my mom just told me that, and she's always right. :)

:D :D :D

10. TwoSteveSquared

TwoSteveSquared Senior Member

I totally agree. I keep checking the mail, only to leave disappointed. Guess no news is good news.

11. jdub

jdub Senior Member

Resident [Any Field]
    5 and 6 interviews, wow, that is pretty cool!

i have had one at tulane and haven't heard a peep from anyone else, and seeing how this is my second time applying, well, i am getting a little nervous, but who ever said this process was easy?

i was kind of hoping that i would get into tulane right away and then i wouldn't have to deal with any other flights, waiting, etc, but that just seems a little unlikely, or too good to be true.

besides, a lot of schools aren't even starting to interview until november, and i am not processed yet (about 11 weeks out and no changes), and i can't help but think that that has something to do with not hearing back from anybody else . . . my last name starts with a "w" too, hmm . . .

anyhow, best of luck to ya' all. i am off to buy studded tires for my new toyota echo.

12. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member

I have 2 interviews, haven't heard from the rest. If you're not processed (like me), this might be part of the problem. I know some schools are willing to interview on unverified info, while others won't.

13. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    SZ you'll get em! :) I'm just feeling really really impatient because I'm waiting to hear from a specific school which has recently began interviewing.

14. zancudo

zancudo Member

E'01...I hear that. I have gotten 7, and am really waiting for a few that people have posted as "interviewing"...Oh well, the waiting continues.

15. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Hey congrats Zacundo :) I just got my 7th one today in the mail.

16. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

17. SMW

SMW Grand Member

Hey, jdub, there you are. I thought you'd disappeared. I noticed there's someone from Squarebanks posting lately. ;) You really think it's going to be a snow-in-October kind of winter, or are you just a boyscout "always prepared" type? It's on my to-do list, but I kind of hate to mess up all the smooth new roads. Also kind of hate to admit winter's already here. Best of luck this go-round. Maybe you'll hear from Tulane next week. :) I'm also at about 11 weeks and still waiting for red X's and verification :( as well as my first set of MCAT scores. I did finally get the PFD folks to say I was eligible -- so that should ensure my state residency verification. :cool:

18. Barton

Barton Senior Member

I am getting antsy too. I have 4 interviews so far. i didn't relly expect to get any, what with my stats and all, so I am excited to have these, but I am concerned about a few schools that are interviewing (particularly IA and UVM) that haven't contacted me. Also, one of my state schools hasn't gotten to my app yet, so that's kind of frustrating, too. I interviewed at my top choice, but my other interviews are at schools closer to the bottom of my list, so that could be my problem too. Anyhoo, I sympathize with all y'all in interview limbo. Stay cool.

19. zancudo

zancudo Member

E'01...the one you had been waiting for????

20. E'01

E'01 1K Member

Medical Student
    Zacundo - I wish. BUT I should not be complaining, I'm glad what I've gotten so far :)