1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

to morning light or anyone else who's interviewed at NYU

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Milhouse Van Houten, Dec 1, 2001.

1. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

when do the acceptance notices come in? morning light, you said you were accepted. when did you interview? they told me the first batch of acceptances doesn't come until right before or after new years. thank you.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MorningLight2100

MorningLight2100 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hi petros, hope you're doing well. :)

NYU is rolling admissions, so the letters should be sent out as they make their decisions. I interviewed on November 3rd, and I received notification of my acceptance on November 29th. They actually sent me an e-mail, basically stating, "Congratulations! You've been accepted, and we've just put a letter in the mail for you. If you do not receive it within five days, please contact our office," etc.

That's interesting, their remark about no acceptances until ~ New Years! When I interviewed there, I asked some of the students when I should expect to hear the final decision, and they all told me two to four weeks.

I also believe that one other person on this board received a decision letter, before mine, actually. If you check the thread listing all three outcomes (acceptances, waitlists, & rejections), you might be able to identify the poster about whom I'm thinking.

I hope that this helps petros. Please, let me know if I can do anything further!

4. Milhouse Van Houten

Milhouse Van Houten Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

i was just reading the pamphlet they gave me in my folder: "we expect to send a few letters of acceptance to candidates by january 15th, but the bulk of the decisions will be mailed on february 15th."

you must be an exceptional candidate. nyu is awesome school in an awesome area. those two qualities are incredibly hard to find in a school. are you considering going there?

5. senioritisplease

7+ Year Member

petros--
    it seems that NYU is going to be accepting at least a bunch of people before the so-called first acceptance date. I also interviewed and was accepted at the same times as morninglight, and like you, was very surprised to see they were accepting before january 15th.
    this should be good news! something good may happen before you expected it! Good luck, now!!!