TO MUCH DRAMA IN MY LIFE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medica2006

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am taking the MCAT in April to try an improve my scores, so i can go to University of chicago. I only need to improve my verbal score to get in. I have already been accepted to MCW. I was going to study, but as soon as I found I was accepted all motivation slipped out of me. Anyway the test is in three wks and I have hardly studied. to top it off my boyfrien broke up with me and told me he was talking to another girl. He told me he was jealous of me, because I got into medical school and he was starting to hate me. I am a senior in college and have all kind of projects due in the next two weeks, so basically that gives about a week to study. My worst fear is doing worse on the MCAT and getting my acceptance taken away, can they do that? Anyway what would you do? Would you live in hell for the next three weeks and take the test again because you have nothing to lose or would you start to be happy now? Please give me some advice, I'm lost. U of C is a really good school, I almost think I would be dumb not to try. I might never forgive my self.

Members don't see this ad.

And to top it all off, I'm going to tell you that it's Too much drama in my life. :wink:

Seriously, I don't think that MCW (what school is that btw? I hate acronyms because I never know what they are!) can take away their offer??

Can they??!!

So, with the MCAT issue aside, don't you have to make up your mind about attending MCW ??

Isn't that your first decision that you have to make? :confused:

And you are WWWWAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY better off without that idiot that said that he was jealous of you because you got into med school (he probably broke up with you because he wanted to hurt you because of his jeaousy.....that is so petty, and you don't want someone like that...so he did you a favor. Really.)

•••quote:•••Originally posted by reina1998:
•I am taking the MCAT in April to try an improve my scores, so i can go to University of chicago. I only need to improve my verbal score to get in. I have already been accepted to MCW. I was going to study, but as soon as I found I was accepted all motivation slipped out of me. Anyway the test is in three wks and I have hardly studied. to top it off my boyfrien broke up with me and told me he was talking to another girl. He told me he was jealous of me, because I got into medical school and he was starting to hate me. I am a senior in college and have all kind of projects due in the next two weeks, so basically that gives about a week to study. My worst fear is doing worse on the MCAT and getting my acceptance taken away, can they do that? Anyway what would you do? Would you live in hell for the next three weeks and take the test again because you have nothing to lose or would you start to be happy now? Please give me some advice, I'm lost. U of C is a really good school, I almost think I would be dumb not to try. I might never forgive my self.•••••

I have a feeling that MCW can revoke your acceptance if you perform poorly on the MCAT. Why wouldn't they be allowed to look at new material? If your GPA falls your senior year, they can pull an acceptance. Why would the MCAT be any different?

I would not be taking the MCAT if I were in your shoes. Maybe your b.f. broke up with you because you worry too much. Sorry, shouldn't meddle. Just chill out a bit. Go find another man in the 3 week period and have all the fun you can stand before beginning med school at MCW.

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Bubba Swamp:
•I have a feeling that MCW can revoke your acceptance if you perform poorly on the MCAT. Why wouldn't they be allowed to look at new material? If your GPA falls your senior year, they can pull an acceptance. Why would the MCAT be any different?•••••Good point...

Does anyone out there know for sure? :)

I can sort of relate to this. I took my ACT and got a 28. Now I thought that was too low for me, when I was trying to apply to the UofChicago. I just went with the flow. Now I'm going to the UofI. I didn't even apply at UofChicago. Looking back at the application, I'm glad I didn't. DAMN that thing was long.

If you really want to know, call MCW and ask. (anonymously...you don't want them to know you're re-taking the MCATs cuz you want to go elsewhere)

They will tell you if they would revoke your acceptance. Remember you can opt-out of the MCAT at anytime during the exam (in case you think you tanked it)

Dumb question: Will U of C get your scores in time for them to actually decide to accept you? (think June...plus they'll be getting scores for all next year's applicants to sift through) Did they tell you to retake it and up your VR? If not, you might want to talk to their admissions office to find out if re-taking the MCAT is worth it or if their wait-lists are set in stone.

I SAY DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO GET INTO PRITZKER.

Its the best damn medical school in this universe.

Just my opinion.

Yes, I had the same kind of thought as Smurfette. Are you trying to get into Chicago this year or are you thinking about turning down MCW and reapplying next year? If the latter's the case, then don't even bother retaking the MCAT. After all, you say that your mind's not in it and so it's likely that you're gonna tank. Then that will end up hurting you a lot for Chicago next year. Even if you get up and cancel your test midway through the MCAT, that will go on the record and still hurt you.

If you're trying to get into Chicago this year, then keep in mind that the MCAT scores won't come out until mid-June. The only good that'll do is if you will be on their waitlist at that point. Even then, an improved verbal score is hardly a guarantee that you'll be pulled off. And, if you will be on their waitlist, then: 1). that means you still have a chance of getting into Chicago; 2). there're other ways besides retaking MCAT to show that you're serious about getting into Chicago. With all things considered, there's a lot more risk than merit in your taking the April MCAT.

Good Grief! Go to MCW and start fresh. Don't take the MCAT again--ever.

i'm curious too, is this MCAT scheme to get off the waitlist? If so, you'd probably be better off writing a letter begging for admission.

If it is to get in for the class of 2007...don't do it! go to MCW and kick ass there.

For Gods sakes, go to MCW! Screw the MCAT. Do you really want to risk doing worse. Besides, what's wrong with MCW? Why is Chicago so much better in your mind?

why are there so many posts with people being greedy with their acceptances? You should happy with what you have...you know the risk of waiting out another year just to TRY to get into a school...not worth it! Hope for the best, but you better plan for the worst!

MCW is a good school, go there. Don't take chances! And there is too much drama in your life becasue you are creating it!!

(minus the boyfriend thing of course...you should be happy about that though..now you've seen his true colors..who would want to be with someone like that?!)

Members don't see this ad :)
tumblr_m6i04oks5j1roya1c.gif

I live 5 minutes from MCW. I've volunteered through them for a few years, and went to a few of the mock interview nights. MCW is a good school, if I were you I'd go to Wisconsin and start fresh (especially if it means getting away from your jealous ex, what the hell?? That kid should grow up). The MCAT is the terrible. My real score ended up being 4 points less than my average test score, and I still didn't bother to retake because I just didn't want to put myself through it again. Anyway Milwaukee is coolio!

Nice bump lol It's nice to see threads from 2002.

I live 5 minutes from MCW. I've volunteered through them for a few years, and went to a few of the mock interview nights. MCW is a good school, if I were you I'd go to Wisconsin and start fresh (especially if it means getting away from your jealous ex, what the hell?? That kid should grow up). The MCAT is the terrible. My real score ended up being 4 points less than my average test score, and I still didn't bother to retake because I just didn't want to put myself through it again. Anyway Milwaukee is coolio!

Ah...You missed the 12 year necrobump.

I interviewed at MCW. I hated it and hated my interviewer. Had I got accepted, I would have gone.

@#%&ing accept and don't look back.

I interviewed at MCW. I hated it and hated my interviewer. Had I got accepted, I would have gone.

@#%&ing accept and don't look back.

He would have to look back a looooong way.

Also, bumping a 12 year old thread with a "haters gonna hate" gif should be a bannable offense.

Reactions: 6 users
Man even if this was in 2002, OP sounded like she was a senior in high school o_O

Also, I wonder if Smurfette was even in medical school when she posted this. Man necrobumps are fun.

Reactions: 1 user
Apparently, in 2002, you could get an interview at U Chicago with a 20 MCAT.

These posts where OP hasn't posted in 12 years depress me in a weird way. Like, where is OP now? Is OP happy? Did OP find a new boyfriend? Sigh...

9ZHhcwC.png

Reactions: 10 users
Damnit 2002...

Reactions: 2 users
These posts where OP hasn't posted in 12 years depress me in a weird way. Like, where is OP now? Is OP happy? Did OP find a new boyfriend? Sigh...

9ZHhcwC.png
Thank you.

Reactions: 1 user
I am taking the MCAT in April to try an improve my scores, so i can go to University of chicago. I only need to improve my verbal score to get in. I have already been accepted to MCW. I was going to study, but as soon as I found I was accepted all motivation slipped out of me. Anyway the test is in three wks and I have hardly studied. to top it off my boyfrien broke up with me and told me he was talking to another girl. He told me he was jealous of me, because I got into medical school and he was starting to hate me. I am a senior in college and have all kind of projects due in the next two weeks, so basically that gives about a week to study. My worst fear is doing worse on the MCAT and getting my acceptance taken away, can they do that? Anyway what would you do? Would you live in hell for the next three weeks and take the test again because you have nothing to lose or would you start to be happy now? Please give me some advice, I'm lost. U of C is a really good school, I almost think I would be dumb not to try. I might never forgive my self.

:penguin: A penguin for your troubles.

I hope it worked out.