1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

To My NYUCD Classmate, anyone looking for roommate?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by vj212306, May 6, 2008.

1. vj212306

Pre-Dental
    Hi all,

Any of you will attend NYUCD and need a roommate for this coming Fall08? Plz PM me if you are looking for one. I am asian, male.

Thanks

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Sephisabin

Sephisabin Senior Member

Dentist
  4. star7126

star7126 New Member

Dentist
    I am having a hard time trying to post a thread on the wall- of the facebook website. How do I go about doing so? Please help. I am trying to find a roommate and don't know what to do.
    :(

5. Sephisabin

Sephisabin Senior Member

Dentist
    Did you already join the group? You have to be a member to post on the wall... but you need to join the NYU network before you can join the group. You can also consider using the NYUHome feature that connects you with other people who are looking for roommates.

6. qwerty86

Dental Student
    dont you need nyu.edu email address to join the network?

7. musl85

Dental Student
    i signed up before i had the nyu email address

8. Sephisabin

Sephisabin Senior Member

Dentist
    Musl, you signed up for the facebook group, or the NYUHome thing without an nyu.edu e-mail?

9. musl85

Dental Student
    the facebook grp. The NYU home thing you need and nyu email.

10. yasad

Dental Student
    hey guys,

what is this NYUHome thing you guys are talking about?

this feature connects you with other people who are looking for roommates? does that mean that this person becomes your roommate? or do you have to list that person as your roommate in your housing application. what if you already sent in your application?

11. Sephisabin

Sephisabin Senior Member

Dentist
    I believe (and I haven't done it, I'm just going off what I read) it is just a place to post and browse listings for roommates. It's only for off-campus housing. With the on-campus housing, they'll pick who you're paired with.

12. Pyriots

I can't join it either.

this facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=10867007133

I'm in the NYU network. I was invited to join. There is NO join button and I cant post on the wall!!! I don't know why. And I'm pretty computer literate.

so yeah. I'm looking for roommates too and I'm just going to post my info here.

I'm looking for a place to stay starting August 2008 near the NYU dental school (at 23rd and 2nd avenue). Ideally in Gramercy or the upper end of the East Village.

About me:
    I'm a 21 year old female.
    Do NOT smoke. Would not like to live with other people who smoke in the apartment. If you smoke outdoors, then I don't mind but I really don't like smoking in my home.
    I have a dog. He's wonderful. Indy is a professionally trained, adult, neutered male mix breed. He's about 70 lbs. He does not bark at all! Mostly he sleeps all day and goes on runs and training excursions with me. Really his only downfall is that he sheds. But I'm really clean and vacuum a lot and he gets groomed regularly so that shoudn't be much of a problem. I will absolutely not "get rid" of him though so any apartment I move into must allow dogs. Pets on a "case by case" basis is ok. Indy has a resume already set up and several references in addition to several training titles so I can't imagine a single reason why he wouldnt pass a case by case screening. Indy is also very friendly with strangers, other dogs, and cats. He's previously lived with a cat as well. He has his CGC and TDI and recently completed advanced off leash obedience.
    I have my B.S. in Genomics and went through half of my M.S. in Microbiology but I recently got into Dental school at NYU so I won't be finishing my M.S.
    I rarely drink. I don't mind if my roommates drink though. As long as you aren't drunk every day and causing problems.
    I will basically be a hardcore student for the foreseeable future and will just have to study for dental school, entertain my dog, and have fun on the occasional free weekend.
    As mentioned before, I'm clean. I would expect my roommates to be clean as well. And by clean I mean that everybody in the house vacuums and does their dishes regularly, not just once a month or something. I've had many situations in the past where I've basically had to clean up behind my roommates to keep the house from turning into a pig sty and I'm not interested in that again.
    I'd like to live as close to the dental school as possible within my budget. I can spend maximum of 1,500 a month including utilities. Of course less would be preferred.
    I don't need a huge room. As long as everyone is clean, I have no problem with smaller rooms and sharing bathrooms.

I wouldn't be moving in until mid August but can certainly start paying rent on August 1st.

I would prefer to live with females but males are ok too.
    I don't need to be best friends with my roommates or anything. Nothing clingy at all. I just need everybody to be clean, hygienic, and respectful.

Would love to hear from you.
    I am NOT interested in hearing from brokers who want fees at all!! you're emails will be deleted so please don't waste time emailing me.
    Thanks!