To people who got a secondary from UC Davis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chaldobruin

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long did it take to get it, from the date of your verification? I was verified 8/31, they received my info on 9/5, and nothing! I've gotten UCI, UCLA, UCSD.. whats up the hold up with UCD?

Members don't see this ad.

same boat as you- verified 9/11

It is so funny, UCD is the only UC secondary I have recieved. I have recieved three interviews to other schools, but I can't even get a decondary to UCI, UCLA, or UCSD. It seems like this is such a huge crap shoot. Hopefully you guys will get UCD and I will get all the others.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified 9/25 (took them over six weeks!), and just received the UC Davis secondary 10/11. Still haven't heard from UC San Diego, though. Do you know whether they actually send you an e-mail or some notification if you get rejected pre-secondary, or do they just keep you in suspense until the end?

It's not much better post-secondary. My secondary was complete on 8/1 and I haven't heard from UCD, UCI, or UCLA since. My stats aren't that bad........I don't think.

I was verified 9/19 and recieved secondary 9/25 for UCI, and 10/4 for UCD and UCSD. Still nothing from UCSF and UCLA though...argh!

It is so funny, UCD is the only UC secondary I have recieved. I have recieved three interviews to other schools, but I can't even get a decondary to UCI, UCLA, or UCSD. It seems like this is such a huge crap shoot. Hopefully you guys will get UCD and I will get all the others.
Check UCLA's website. My application was complete before I got a snail mail invite to complete their secondary application.

Here's the link:
https://www.medstudent.ucla.edu/applications/appstat/appforms/status.htm

I got AMCAS verified on 8/19 and I called all the UC schools today-they said they got downloaded mid-sept and that it takes a month to do the pre-secondary screening...how are you guys gettting secondaries from davis after being verified a month after me? Are you instate? I know I am not very competitive for these schools with average numbers and being out of state but WTF? I just took their word today but now I am pissed?!

dave

I do, if i dont get into ne other UCs =)

Getting into a UC = big coo and save lots and lots of dinero..

The UC system only accepts 18% of its in-state applicants...argh it sucks being from cali!

davis : amcas 10/2, secondary invite 10/10, complete 10/15 - waiting....
irvine : amcas 10/5, secondary invite 10/10, complete 10/12 - waiting....
los angeles : amcas 10/3, secondary invite 10/12, complete 10/12 - waiting....
ucsf : amcas 9/29...waiting for 2ndary

Im really late because of a transcript issue that held up amcas, but they are turning it around pretty fast so far - as for interview...know clue. BTW, Im in state, with competitive scores based on their averages of matriculating students.

Sigh...i was verified in aug (or so it said on the staus page that they've received my application in Aug) and havent heard from then since....most likely a pre-secondary rejection. :(

Sigh...i was verified in aug (or so it said on the staus page that they've received my application in Aug) and havent heard from then since....most likely a pre-secondary rejection. :(

what are your stats? i too am in the same situation. :(

I was verified 8/23 and I received

UCLA: Snail mail postmarked 8/30
UCI: E-mail 9/1
UCSD: E-mail 9/8
UCD: E-mail 9/14

Still waiting for UCSF (probably a rejection coming soon).

My stats: Don't want to give it away, so... GPA*10+MCAT = 71

Hope this helps.

~Nam

UCs are very random with their timing. It took me a while to get the Davis secondary, and I interviewed late in the season. Davis is great.. I am an MSI here and everyone is very friendly, the new curriculum is outstanding - plus there is really a great atmosphere of learning. If you have any questions about Davis, PM me

good luck!!