to People who took MCAT today (08/28)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aug14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What forms did you get?

Members don't see this ad.

i got form DH...i dont know if it was anything like the one you guys took two weeks ago, but lets just say that my bio WRECKED me!!!that sucked...anyways, the other two sections were not too bad but bio was defenitely the hard section here...oh well its over finally!

GBFKicks said:
Do the Florida folk the get same forms as we did earlier?

No, I dont think so - but it will be interesting to see if they got any of the same questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Im pretty sure we got completely different tests then you guys got on the 14th because i had form FK and a few people who took it on the 14th also had form FK and they talked about phy passages that werent on mine.

Medikit said:
I wonder if they pulled up a form from like 2001 or something and then they just curve the florida students to the 2001 students.

I got CH today, and the posts about CH on this forum from two weeks ago talk about questions that were DEFINITELY not on mine. A guy sitting next to me said he saw something that said 2003 on our booklet, so maybe we got those!! I wonder how they will score it, although, who cares now. I'm suffering from PMTSD (Post-MCAT Traumatic Stress Disorder).

Physics was the hardest thing I have ever seen. Both my friend and I were lauging (yet crying) afterwards because we were both saying to ourselves, "Is this a sick joke??" It seemed like the bad dream where you get in there and you don't know anything-- but it was real!!! Oh well. I think I did okay on Bio and Verbal anyway.

stacy_de_lin said:
I'm suffering from PMTSD (Post-MCAT Traumatic Stress Disorder).

Physics was the hardest thing I have ever seen. Both my friend and I were lauging (yet crying) afterwards because we were both saying to ourselves, "Is this a sick joke??" It seemed like the bad dream where you get in there and you don't know anything-- but it was real!!! Oh well. I think I did okay on Bio and Verbal anyway.

Welcome to my world. :eek:

I had form FK as well.

PS: More difficult than the AAMC practice exams overall: 3-4 passages about the photoelectric effect. Maybe only ONE question that required the understanding of linear motion. I got the sense that the questions were actually not too bad, but I spent so much time trying to figure out what was going on that I ran into time trouble at the end. The last problem I did involved a simple titration, but time was called about 10 seconds after I found the passage information I needed, & I'm pretty sure I missed the question.

VR: Easier than several of the AAMC practices, definitely easier than AAMC 7. None of the passages were all that difficult, although some of the questions were tricky. Passages about a bridge Irish monks built, moralists vs. utilitarians, & what else, I don't remember.

BS: In retrospect, this was probably the most difficult section, but I was the most calm at this point because the test was almost over. One absolutely ridiculous passage in organic: half of it basically listed proton shifts for a complex bicyclic system obtained through sophisticated proton nmr techniques. I had no idea what a gamma-lactone was? Or a methine group? Other ochem passages included one on Grignard reagents (1,2 addition vs. 1,4 addition) and one on the aldol; these were at least reasonable. One difficult bio passage about astronauts in space, but the other passages weren't two bad. I know I missed a couple, though: I didn't spend very much time studying the structures of the eye & the ear because I thought there would be no way those topics would be asked on the MCAT.

THE LESSON: Have a thorough understanding of every topic on the AAMC list, not just the "high yield" ones.

stacy_de_lin said:
I got CH today, and the posts about CH on this forum from two weeks ago talk about questions that were DEFINITELY not on mine. A guy sitting next to me said he saw something that said 2003 on our booklet, so maybe we got those!! I wonder how they will score it, although, who cares now. I'm suffering from PMTSD (Post-MCAT Traumatic Stress Disorder).

i keep thinking of questions now that i wrote the wrong answer to...damn it!!!damn PMTSD!

dandelion said:
I had form FK as well.

PS: More difficult than the AAMC practice exams overall: 3-4 passages about the photoelectric effect. Maybe only ONE question that required the understanding of linear motion. I got the sense that the questions were actually not too bad, but I spent so much time trying to figure out what was going on that I ran into time trouble at the end. The last problem I did involved a simple titration, but time was called about 10 seconds after I found the passage information I needed, & I'm pretty sure I missed the question.

VR: Easier than several of the AAMC practices, definitely easier than AAMC 7. None of the passages were all that difficult, although some of the questions were tricky. Passages about a bridge Irish monks built, moralists vs. utilitarians, & what else, I don't remember.

BS: In retrospect, this was probably the most difficult section, but I was the most calm at this point because the test was almost over. One absolutely ridiculous passage in organic: half of it basically listed proton shifts for a complex bicyclic system obtained through sophisticated proton nmr techniques. I had no idea what a gamma-lactone was? Or a methine group? Other ochem passages included one on Grignard reagents (1,2 addition vs. 1,4 addition) and one on the aldol; these were at least reasonable. One difficult bio passage about astronauts in space, but the other passages weren't two bad. I know I missed a couple, though: I didn't spend very much time studying the structures of the eye & the ear because I thought there would be no way those topics would be asked on the MCAT.

THE LESSON: Have a thorough understanding of every topic on the AAMC list, not just the "high yield" ones.

yeah

PS: there was hardly any force, or motion questions which was annoying because im most comfortable on those topics. there wasnt alot of calculation questions and a lot of get info from passage and answer long ass conceptual questiosn. do u remember the indepentent question *** POST EDITED: COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL REMOVED ***
. i ate up alot of time trying to decide which one.

VR. i thought the passages were pretty easy to read. i have a system where i spend extra time on 7 passages and just put all C's for the other 2 and depending how many i got wrong on the other 7 passages I usually get 8's or 9's. But im afriad that since the passages were a bit easier to read the grading scale will be really tough. <shutter>

BS: it was so much harder then the BS sections on 6 or 7. I actually used every second of time unlike the practice tests where i usually have like 5 minutes left. there were a few questions that ate up ALOT of time. I was so bummed after that section because usually its my stongest. Yeah i remember the Org section with all the obscure data. that sucked bad!!

I got form CK...I got none of the passage topics mentioned in the Aug. 14 CK threads. Apparently it was a completely different exam. PS and VR were OK, nothing too surprising. BS was not easy though, lots of genetics and physio, only three organic passages.

Now...the waiting game.

peace

frulo78 said:
I got form CK...I got none of the passage topics mentioned in the Aug. 14 CK threads. Apparently it was a completely different exam. PS and VR were OK, nothing too surprising. BS was not easy though, lots of genetics and physio, only three organic passages.

Now...the waiting game.

peace

I had form CK too...I dont know what you're talking about..the verbal was killer..its sucked sooo bad..def harder than kaplan practice exams...bio and phy ok though

Jack Swift said:
yeah

PS: there was hardly any force, or motion questions which was annoying because im most comfortable on those topics. there wasnt alot of calculation questions and a lot of get info from passage and answer long ass conceptual questiosn. do u remember the indepentent question *** POST EDITED: COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL REMOVED ***

Na has a higher second ionization energy than Mg because removing a second electron would break into a stable electron configuration, I think. I don't remember what letter that was. Na loses only 1 electron to form a noble gas configuration, whereas Mg loses two.

Let's not drive ourselves crazy discussing individual questions . . . it's over, man.

dandelion said:
Na has a higher second ionization energy than Mg because removing a second electron would break into a stable electron configuration, I think. I don't remember what letter that was. Na loses only 1 electron to form a noble gas configuration, whereas Mg loses two.

Let's not drive ourselves crazy discussing individual questions . . . it's over, man.

I CANT. OH GOD HOW I'VE TRIED!

Jack Swift said:
I CANT. OH GOD HOW I'VE TRIED!

I know just how you feel. There are at least 3-4 that I now know I missed, & a couple of other iffy ones I keep thinking about. We need to take ourselves off this board, or at least move on from the MCAT area . . . . . .