Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

to people with average or below stats

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by pumpkins90, Sep 10, 2002.

1. pumpkins90

pumpkins90 Member
    7+ Year Member

I wanted to send a little encouragement for those without the 20 DAT's and below 3.3 averages. I follow under both of those categories. I was very depressed after retaking my DAT's a month again and lets say i got below an 18. Well i have still mangaged to receive two interviews so far. Case Western and Boston. At least now i will have the opportunity to prove my passion towards dentistry and sell myself to the adcoms. I know its not an acceptance, but at least its a foot in the door. My advice which has already been given. Apply early! My application was sent out in the first batch.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Beagle

Beagle Meet BEAGLE
    7+ Year Member

That is so sweet of you pumpkin!
    I hope I get interviews like you did....
    Congratulations!

4. hockeydentist

hockeydentist 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

Way to go

your one step ahead on your journey. Now all you have to do is sell yourself to the interview committee and your gold baby.

let us know how it goes.

later hockeydentist

Everyone on this thread should congratulate pumpkin
    I'll start
    Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyytooooooooooooooogooooooooooooo:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

5. ItsGavinC

Dentist Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Dentist
    I agree -- congrats pumpkins! Like you said, you now have a great opportunity to demonstrate your passion for the profession. Forget about your low numbers and go to those interviews with gusto!

6. smile_doctor

smile_doctor Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Way to go pumpkins! My GPA falls into this category and so I know how excited you are to get the interviews! Best wishes for acceptance this year!

7. sjdent

sjdent Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

YAY! I love it when people on this message board are brutally honest in order to encourage others.

They obviously saw something in you........namely your PASSION for dentistry! Congrats on selling yourself well. I'm sure you'll do fabulously in your interviews.