To reuse or not to reuse a prior years secondary answer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Slics

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So last year I had applied to my dream medical school (UofA Tucson) and got an interview. Unfortunately, I was not admitted but during my one on one feedback meeting, the lady from the admission committee told me my secondaries were "outstanding" and highly rated. I noticed that this years secondary is exactly the same as it was last year and if my answers were so good, could I just reuse the answers from last year with minor tweaks and updates?

Thanks SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Maybe people would disagree with me, but i would rewrite everything. Otherwise you might seem lazy... Reread your secondaries from last year, and determine what was great about them, and rewrite them with that in mind.

Maybe people would disagree with me, but i would rewrite everything. Otherwise you might seem lazy... Reread your secondaries from last year, and determine what was great about them, and rewrite them with that in mind.

By rewrite, do you mean choose completely different anecdotes? Is it okay to use the secondary from a previous year as a base and update it with different sentence structure or word choice?

By rewrite, do you mean choose completely different anecdotes? Is it okay to use the secondary from a previous year as a base and update it with different sentence structure or word choice?
Yeah I think taking the same situations and improve the essays are fine !