To shave or not to shave...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

andrewsmack05

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does it really matter if you shave your facial hair or can you just look well groomed during the interviews? Or am I stressing about nothing really?

Members don't see this ad.

Does it really matter if you shave your facial hair or can you just look well groomed during the interviews? Or am I stressing about nothing really?

I had a full-blown goatee during my interview, and a lot of the students with me did, too.

I think there's a line between ungroomed and groomed, and as long as it's under control and looks professional they won't care.

Members don't see this ad :)
Maybe it wont matter for the interview, but we learned something in my Med and Vet Entomology class. Pubic lice can grow in beards.

Last edited:
Now let's take a moment to think about how the pubic lice make their way into your beard. :hungover:

Moral of the thread: don't go to your interview pubic lice in your beard.

If you don't want to shave it, make it look nice. Just don't go looking like this guy:
homeless+beard.jpg

That dude's beard is epic. It takes years of dedication (or homelessness) to attain that level of beardnificence.

That dude kinda scare me now...imagine sneaking up on you at school with that long beard!!! :eek: