To SLU and MCW students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surf-doc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, after a long and arduous process during which my ego was forcibly ripped from my body and beaten to a pulp, the two schools that I (thankfully) got accepted too are St. Louis University and Medical College of Wisconsin. Now, I live in San Diego so I only have a vague idea of what these two schools are about. I was wondering if any SLU or MCW students out there (or anybody else for that matter) could reply with some propoganda for either school. Right now I'm leaning towards MCW simply because my interviewer at SLU treated me like ****. I swear that this wench received interogation training from the Gestapo: by the end of the "hour of pain" (as I like to call it) I felt like I had been violated with a ten foot pole... numerous times. Also, the one night I stayed in St. Louis there was a friggin riot at the Wendy's I was eating at; apparently, the drive-through teller finished taking an order by saying "F@*k you, come again" instead of saying the more appropriate "Thank you".
Basically, though, both schools claim to have strong programs and the students at each school stated that they were really happy. I'm trying not to let the couple of bad experiences I had during my interview at SLU cloud my judgement, so any inside info. anybody has would help me immensly.

Members don't see this ad.

If Wisconsin is the cheaper school, I'd go with Wisconsin. Save all the money you can.
Good Luck

I had a great experience at SLU. My interviewer was one of my best. It's a great school. The consensus among the students was that it's worth the price if you want to go into a competitive specialty. If you want to go into family tpractice and don't care where you live, then state is, supposedly, the way to go. It you want o go into neurosurgery in Boston, then perhaps the extra prestige, reputation, etc. will make a difference. A lot of people get really hot and bothered by these generalizations. They may be right. I don't know yet. Right now I'm trying to decide between state (U of Texas - San Antonio) and Tulane. I feel your pain. Best of luck. Money's not everything.

Wait-Listed at SLU

I also had a great experience at SLU, and decided to attend SLU next year because of it. I really liked the curriculum, the facilities, and the students I met were friendly and did not seem to be the cut-throat, competitive type. I don't know much about St Louis, except that everyone I know that lived there liked it. Plus, it is very cheap! Good luck with your decision!