So I'm having some issues deciding whether I should take a year off or not. It will make my application stronger by having another year of volunteering, research and lots of shadowing. Otherwise I will be applying with a year of volunteering, no research, and barely any shadowing. I was planning on applying next july-ish, but I think I'm going to be burnt out on school, and the MCAT (since I will be taking it sometime in the summer, possibly end of May). So here's my question...should I wait another year to apply to build my application and not have to stress trying to get LOR's, shadowing, and such in all within a year? It seems like an almost obvious question to what most of you will probably respond with, but I just want some reassurance and encouragment that this might be the better way to go.