To take the MCAT or not

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aclaure

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I'm seeking a little input as to whether or not I should take the MCAT next spring. In regards to classes relevant to the MCAT, by April I will have completed:

Biology 101 & 102
Physics 101 & 102
Chem 101 & 102
Organic Chem I
Calculus - not too sure how relevant this really is

Is this a decent foundation for the MCAT, or am I better off waiting until I've finished the Organic Chem and Physics? And actually, how relevant is Physics to the MCAT?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

aclaure said:
Hello, I'm seeking a little input as to whether or not I should take the MCAT next spring. In regards to classes relevant to the MCAT, by April I will have completed:

Biology 101 & 102
Physics 101 & 102
Chem 101 & 102
Organic Chem I
Calculus - not too sure how relevant this really is

Is this a decent foundation for the MCAT, or am I better off waiting until I've finished the Organic Chem and Physics? And actually, how relevant is Physics to the MCAT?

Any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Physics is very relevant but depending on your test version. Take a diagnostic exam, perhaps a 3R or older , see how you do, and take it from there.

I cant really say organic is revelant because many ppl, including myself, barely saw any organic this past august. physics though is VERY important, because although u could get lucky with a test that is predominantly gen chem, u could also get one with a lot of physics. i would suggest having that u have a good background in physics.