To the entering Temple med class of 2004?..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MED123

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to those who got in to Temple med for the incoming class of 2004!! :)
It is the only med school that I am on a waiting list ? and desperately waiting to hear from. Are there any of you waiting on a waitlist from other schools where you would rather go if you get accepted? This is to see, if after May 15th, whether there is a hope for someone like me to see some movement and possibly get in. Thanks for your help and good luck :luck:

MED123

Members don't see this ad.

I just withdrew from Temple today to go to University of Colorado. It was a hard decision. I really liked Temple and I like Philly a lot and I have some friends in the area and living on the east coast again would be rad. But I just couldn't justify spending $38K year for tuition and fees when CU is $15K and a better school to boot. So, good luck to you. Maybe you'll get my spot.

jetjulia said:
I just withdrew from Temple today to go to University of Colorado. It was a hard decision. I really liked Temple and I like Philly a lot and I have some friends in the area and living on the east coast again would be rad. But I just couldn't justify spending $38K year for tuition and fees when CU is $15K and a better school to boot. So, good luck to you. Maybe you'll get my spot.

I'm going through that same decision process now. It's between Temple and my state school, and it's a tough choice, for the same reasons you described. I'm going to have to pray for some divine guidance because right now I'm :confused:

But MED, there's a good chance I'll end up at Stony Brook, so there may be one more spot opening. I have to decide by the 24th.

:luck:

Thanks jetjulia and karateGirl for responding. I can understand the dilemma here. When I applied to undergraduate schools, I got into a few, but chose a much smaller school as it gave me a full scholarship and I am glad I did because I graduated with $0 loans. When I started working, I did not have to give any money away for loan payments. However, for me med school is simple--if Temple accepts me, that is my only option. Good Luck on your decision. :luck: