To the lurkers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.D-man

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are currently 23 members and 187 guests. This is silly. Do all 187 people lurking in the forum really have nothing to contribute? Make an account if you don't have one.

Members don't see this ad.

There are currently 23 members and 187 guests. This is silly. Do all 187 people lurking in the forum really have nothing to contribute? Make an account if you don't have one.

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln

Anyone else think that his signature line is a bit ironic?

Originally Posted by Dr.D-man View Post

'Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.
-Abraham Lincoln
Anyone else think that his signature line is a bit ironic?

*&^%#!!!!
I was going to point out the same thing. I logged in because I thought that I had found something to contribute.

Members don't see this ad :)

There's nothing wrong with lurking in the forum. Most general questions can be answered by searching through older threads, and if they don't want to register to post a thread that usually results in:"Use the search function", then let them.

Some people might not be logged on all the time, other people might not choose to post unless there's a real reason to. And with so many threads merely being repeats of others (there are TWO "Cal 2 is hard!!" threads on the front page!) I wouldn't really post either if I were a new user.

Some people just don't have anything valuable to contribute. If you don't believe me just do a search for "Medical Doctors and War".

I know a lot of current med students who say they used to lurk on SDN but never posted anything. They found it helpful for advice but most of their questions were answered without their needing to ask since a lot of people have the same generic questions. Some people just don't feel comfortable posting.

<--- Uncomfortable posting about being comfortable posting

trust me, you don't want me to post most of what I'm thinking :D