TO the premed/med students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you have it all wrong...if i actually cared i would have done what you just stated...but in fact i don't give a crap, i just wanted to point something out ....i apologize for being unaware of the sdn hierarchy :laugh:

your post reminded me of this one time in undergrad (engineering school) when a dbag premed kid was trying to convince me to pick him to be a part of my group for a class project instead of a friend of mine (who i really enjoyed working with before) by reminding me that he got a 1600 on his SATs and my friend didn't. for the record this was senior year! later when he was getting really desperate he basically admitted that he wants to join my group because the project was being entered into a national competition and because he needs a good grade on his transcript for med school apps. needless to say it was an easy choice....i picked my friend over him, my whole group got A's and A+'s both semesters and we won a prize in the national competition.

:confused: do you ever say anything helpful or useful? Or do you just get jollies off of being an a-hole?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had an amazing 26/1380. (780 verbal, 600 math) along with 3.4 GPA in high school, 7th or 8th in a class of 25ish.

Proud to say I now have about a 3.8 GPA in a relatively hard major. SAT/ACT has no correlation to undergrad performance or if it does, it is miniscule.

Is it just me or do other people feel like they didn't really start giving a crapt about school until between sophmore and junior year of college. I so feel like an underachiever. And here I thought I was doing something in highschool... woo...I sucked, but I had fun while doing it.

Oh yeah, 27 ACT. And to the person who said that ACT really has nothing to do with college, well said. Because I know some people who didn't even study for it and after taking it and being in a class with a group of my friends every time I took it, and not being able to concentrate for someone doing something stupid, believe me when I say you do not even need to be entirely focused on this test to do well enough to get into college. I know people who freaked out over it and I know people who took naps during it, they're all still in college and all doing fairly well.

your post reminded me of this one time in undergrad (engineering school) when a dbag premed kid was trying to convince me to pick him to be a part of my group for a class project instead of a friend of mine (who i really enjoyed working with before) by reminding me that he got a 1600 on his SATs and my friend didn't. for the record this was senior year! later when he was getting really desperate he basically admitted that he wants to join my group because the project was being entered into a national competition and because he needs a good grade on his transcript for med school apps. needless to say it was an easy choice....i picked my friend over him, my whole group got A's and A+'s both semesters and we won a prize in the national competition.

I am glad that my post reminded you of....this really random story:eyebrow:

I am glad that my post reminded you of....this really random story:eyebrow:

well it's not that random....clearly the point of it was to show how ridiculous and douchey people are when they put too much weight on their SAT scores past the college admissions process.