To those doing the Iowa secondary...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mr. H

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, what is up with those evaluation forms? Its simply not feasible for me to go ask my recommender's once again to write a letter specific for the form! Who knows where they could be!

Is this IEF really necessary?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

you don't have to use their forms - go ahead and send what you already have

Iowa emphasized that at least 2 of 3 HAVE to be IEFs, so I asked two of my recommenders again AND put the rest of the LORs in a "packet" sent by my school's letter service.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, i'm just not going to use the forms. If they get mad, then screw them

No kidding. I was so mad when I got the instructions.

but seriously, if I send them a packet, I really doubt they're going to turn my application dowm.

I had the same issue last year when I applied to Iowa. I called them up and yes they had to fill out that stupid form. But...you don't need all of your recommenders to do that. If you did a committee letter, that counts as one of those forms. I think you have to get at least one of your recommenders to fill out the form and then you are set.

Originally posted by Mr. H
but seriously, if I send them a packet, I really doubt they're going to turn my application dowm.

you can send in your packet, but then you'll still have to get those damn forms filled out.

but I don't get it?
What the hell do they want the form for?

Its stupid of them to ask!!!!!!!
The more I think about it the more I'm going to withdraw my app.
Those fools!

Originally posted by Mr. H
but I don't get it?
What the hell do they want the form for?

Its stupid of them to ask!!!!!!!
The more I think about it the more I'm going to withdraw my app.
Those fools!

haha, well it's your choice. just remember out of state tuition is really high. that's the reason i declined their acceptance.

what if non of my letter writers are available to sign the forms?

Hell yeah its high!!

Better off shooting for a more prestigious school since the price will be the same!