to those interested in Scholl.. enjoy :)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just watched ipodiatry
wtf was that

Catayst said:
I just watched ipodiatry
wtf was that

i dont know if u were joking but it has to do with the IPOD, lol

Members don't see this ad :)
I dunno.. i just thought it would be cool for students who were interested in Scholl to see the school without actually having to visit. Plus, the video shows you more than any nice and glossy information package the school would send ya ;)

Catayst said:
I just watched ipodiatry
wtf was that

ha I just watched that too. What a waste of 2 mins!

It gives you an idea of what the facilities are. What I thought was funny was Armstrong's speak, what a load. Like he is really interested in the day to day operations and how "he is shaping the future podiatrist." LOL. All he cares about is getting out more useless papers so he can collect more awards. Stop filming recruiting videos and do some real research.

Dr_Feelgood said:
It gives you an idea of what the facilities are. What I thought was funny was Armstrong's speak, what a load. Like he is really interested in the day to day operations and how "he is shaping the future podiatrist." LOL. All he cares about is getting out more useless papers so he can collect more awards. Stop filming recruiting videos and do some real research.

Oh yeah, I forgot that DMU is doing such groundbreaking research in Des Moines. :laugh:

Please don't knock our school just because your school isn't doing research. I'm sure that you'll lash back at me with the same old tired speech of "we have the highest board scores." Everyone knows that the top medical schools in the country are the ones doing research!

So what if Armstrong's motives are a bit self-involved, at least he's doing research for the betterment of our profession.

Dr. Feelgood, I really expected more out of you!
:thumbdown:

mrfeet said:
Oh yeah, I forgot that DMU is doing such groundbreaking research in Des Moines. :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, really. :thumbup:

I feel the same Mr. Feet, I believe the best universities are the ones doing research. I am not going to talk smack about DMU (well besides your german Biochem prof) because it is a nice school. But I feel that Scholl research provides a bright future for Podiatry. I am sure Temple and NYCPM does some major contributing to research themselves.

doclm said:

Yeah, really. :thumbup:

I feel the same Mr. Feet, I believe the best universities are the ones doing research. I am not going to talk smack about DMU (well besides your german Biochem prof) because it is a nice school. But I feel that Scholl research provides a bright future for Podiatry. I am sure Temple and NYCPM does some major contributing to research themselves.

Hey Luke,

The other students are just hating because they don't have cool videos like iPodiatry on YouTube.com Check out Dr. Albright, he's really breakin' it down!

That video is very well done and sheds a lot of light on the program at Scholl. :thumbup:

AZPOD Rocks

mrfeet said:

Please don't knock our school just because your school isn't doing research. I'm sure that you'll lash back at me with the same old tired speech of "we have the highest board scores." Everyone knows that the top medical schools in the country are the ones doing research!

So what if Armstrong's motives are a bit self-involved, at least he's doing research for the betterment of our profession.

Dr. Feelgood, I really expected more out of you!
:thumbdown:

Hold you horses. Did I say anything about Scholl???? Or did I say something about Armstrong, get your ducks in a row. Actually, we do have some top research coming from DMU. Dr. Yoho recently finished a study coordinating vitamin D levels with the incidence of charcot. You just don't hear about it b/c we don't pat ourselves on the back. Heck, we've got a podiatry student doing cancer research.

I expected more from you, Mr.Feet and your monkey, doclm, maybe read my post next time before you criticize. It makes you sound ignorant. And Dr. Schmitt rules but he reminds me of the Germans that buy the nuclear plant in the Simpson's; by the way he puts some high quality research, since that is what we are discussing.

By the way, I have talk to a few people that have work with your "god" Armstrong. I hear he puts his name on everyone else's work, he was fired from UT for making up research, and he is more concerned about quantity than quality. Also, he drives a Segway.

AZPOD Rocks said:
That video is very well done and sheds a lot of light on the program at Scholl. :thumbup:

AZPOD Rocks

I don't know if I'd say well done. I think it gives a nice overview but a few things that I think would have made the video better was film it in the Spring when the bushes and trees have color. Don't film bricks with bird poop all over them. It was a nice student project but looks like something you do in high school.

Also, won't Scholl get sued for using that soundtrack?

yeah, really!!! :thumbup:

Dr_Feelgood said:
I don't know if I'd say well done. I think it gives a nice overview but a few things that I think would have made the video better was film it in the Spring when the bushes and trees have color. Don't film bricks with bird poop all over them. It was a nice student project but looks like something you do in high school.

Members don't see this ad :)
Before, I get a buch of hate mail. I want to emphasis, my opinion on Armstrong and the video have nothing to do with my opinion of Scholl. I think Harvey Lamont is a great research but I think that he adds a ton to the cirriculmn at Temple. Researchers are just that researchers, and that was my main point. Armstrong came off as if he works with each of you molding you into podiatrists. He says his working molding future podiatrist is his greatest project. Seriously, how often you guys see him molding your futures? He hasn't helped you beat us in the boards :laugh:

Dr_Feelgood said:
Before, I get a buch of hate mail. I want to emphasis, my opinion on Armstrong and the video have nothing to do with my opinion of Scholl. I think Harvey Lamont is a great research but I think that he adds a ton to the cirriculmn at Temple. Researchers are just that researchers, and that was my main point. Armstrong came off as if he works with each of you molding you into podiatrists. He says his working molding future podiatrist is his greatest project. Seriously, how often you guys see him molding your futures? He hasn't helped you beat us in the boards :laugh:

Wow, am I right or am I right? The same old broken record is being played by Dr. Feelgood once again. "We beat you in boards," nana nana na!

The problem with your aforementioned statements are that when you insult a member of the faculty, you insult the school. It doesn't matter what your opinion of Armstrong is personally. He is a member of the Scholl family and therefore if you insult him and his work, then you insult us. It would be no different than if I said Dr. Yoho was a bafoon. You would be insulted.

Personally, I don't want to start a bickering match because the bottom line is that our two programs are the best in the country, but really Ace, you needn't start with the insulting comments about the school, its faculty, or the video. Hey, last time I checked DMU didn't even have a video.

Oh yeah, as far as calling my good friend doclm a "monkey." Sorry if our fellow comradery on this forum makes you feel left out. With comments like the ones you just made, I'm sure you're real popular with your classmates! :laugh:

Dr_Feelgood said:

You obviously haven't seen too many high school videos lately. That was significantly better quality than a high school student project.

Again, well done Scholl people! You've inspired me to enlist some people for a similar project. I will avoid using copyrighted music, however, if we do something similar.

AZPOD Rocks

P.S. - The bird poop just added some "flavor" to the film. :laugh:

Dr_Feelgood said:
What I thought was funny was Armstrong's speak, what a load. Like he is really interested in the day to day operations and how "he is shaping the future podiatrist." LOL. All he cares about is getting out more useless papers so he can collect more awards. Stop filming recruiting videos and do some real research.

Dr Feelgood........

I think you have some issues involving Armstrong from this post as well as many other posts. Why do you feel you need to talk SMACK about him everytime his name comes up? It seems like you prey on any good things said about him and add some negative comments. Well until you can do better than him, the best choice is to keep your dignity and remain humble.

As far as "real research", RFU is a real research institute that grants PhD's in many different fields. Also, the last time I checked JAMA doesn't publish fake research. The Center for Lower Extremity Ambulatory Research at Scholl is keeping on top of many different aspects of research. Actually, one of our new additions to the Scholl family is Lee Rogers, a DMU alumni that is now a Research Fellow at CLEAR. I don't believe that an outstanding DPM like Dr. Rogers would waste his time at Scholl, if all they produce is "useless papers".

:eek: Monkey :eek:

Dr_Feelgood said:
I expected more from you, Mr.Feet and your monkey, doclm, maybe read my post next time before you criticize. It makes you sound ignorant. And Dr. Schmitt rules but he reminds me of the Germans that buy the nuclear plant in the Simpson's; by the way he puts some high quality research, since that is what we are discussing.

Did I criticize??

I don't believe that I criticized you or DMU in any way. I said am not going to talk smack about DMU. So whats with the monkey business?? :confused:

doclm said:
Dr Feelgood........

I think you have some issues involving Armstrong from this post as well as many other posts. Why do you feel you need to talk SMACK about him everytime his name comes up? It seems like you prey on any good things said about him and add some negative comments. Well until you can do better than him, the best choice is to keep your dignity and remain humble.

As far as "real research", RFU is a real research institute that grants PhD's in many different fields. Also, the last time I checked JAMA doesn't publish fake research. The Center for Lower Extremity Ambulatory Research at Scholl is keeping on top of many different aspects of research. Actually, one of our new additions to the Scholl family is Lee Rogers, a DMU alumni that is now a Research Fellow at CLEAR. I don't believe that an outstanding DPM like Dr. Rogers would waste his time at Scholl, if all they produce is "useless papers".

Well said doclm!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Wow, you guys really cannot take jokes or criticism. One, I add the board score thing so we can all laugh; same goes for the monkey comment.

As for the "Scholl family," I didn't fly off the handle about the Schmitt comment. I joked around about it.

Now the CLEAR Lab, I think that they do produce good research. I criticized one person, Armstrong. His research, though he puts his name on everything, is what I criticized. Much of the quality that comes from Scholl and the CLEAR lab does not come from Armstrong. It is similar to giving credit to Ozzie Gullien b/c the White Sox no longer suck. Armstrong leads the CLEAR lab but his research is not what propels the organization, he just gets the credit.

The PhD thing is a weak argument. Your affiliation w/ a program that offers PhDs (RFU) is why you are able to offer them. RFU is accredited not Scholl; it is similar to TUSPM.

As for the AMA not printing made up material, what does it matter where you publish. Most podiatric research is not published by the AMA b/c researchers do not submit it. Armstrong's firing at UT was due to not being able to produce research for a paper he published. The story goes that Armstrong published in the Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, an orthopedic journal, and did not present himself as a podiatrists. They published him and a F&A fellow, and later found out that he was in fact a pod. They were pissed so when he submitted his next project, they called him to the mats and demand all of his research to back the paper. He said that he didn't have the research or couldn't send it; UT gave him a deadline to produce the research. The deadline came and went; so Armstrong came and went. Now you can make whatever comments about his "ethical standards."

As a side note, if you want to call Yoho or anyone at CPMS a buffoon, do it. That is why this is a forum. If we all had the same opinion, it would be boring as hell.

doclm said:
Dr Feelgood........

I didnt know that Lee took a job at CLEAR. Thats pretty cool. I wish him the best of luck. He will be a valuable asset.

I was wondering about the apartments offered by the school at Scholl. In your opinion, is it worth living there rather than trying to find a place nearby? I have a car, so distance really isnt a problem, its more $$ wise. Also, is anything included with the rent (ie internet, cable, electricity...) at those apartments?

well in the video the aggie said all they pay was for electricity or something but it came out to only $20 a month. Still 10k a year is pretty steep, or at least I'm used to living in cheap cities.

doclm said:
Dr Feelgood........

I just felt like I should point out that just because a faculty member at your school is criticized, that doesn't mean you need to run to their defense and make it a personal issue. If you have any problems with faculty at DMU or any other schools feel free to vent. That is the purpose of a forum! You might be surprised at how many students agree with you rather than immediately get defensive and lash out at the opinions of other posters. Come on fellas just because we give an unGodly amount of money to these institutions doesn't mean you have to defend them when there is clearly validity to the criticism. Bottom line ... Scholl is and will continue to be one of the best podiatric schools out there. I would think taking comfort in the fact that this is common knowledge would allow for taking criticism with a grain of salt. Guess not. :confused:

By the way, the "day in the life" video was way better than the apophysis now video. What the hell is that anyway?

funfeet said:
I was wondering about the apartments offered by the school at Scholl. In your opinion, is it worth living there rather than trying to find a place nearby? I have a car, so distance really isnt a problem, its more $$ wise. Also, is anything included with the rent (ie internet, cable, electricity...) at those apartments?

Look around at the place you feel the most comfortable living at. Personally, I prefer a little more life around where I live.

Do you have pets? Will you be living by yourself?

Those type of factors may sway your decision where you live. I believe that the woodlands are nice, however there are surrounding areas that may be just as nice for cheaper. Do a search on RENT.com and also look at craigslist under chicago for private apartment deals. However, you must understand that you wont find anything decent for less than $800 per month. I wasted a lot of time looking for apartments and ended up at one of the first ones I looked at. I expect to pay $1000 + electric per month, for a 2bdrm/2bath 1400ft in Mount Prospect. That is 20 miles from school, but not far from the major interstate I-294, so my commute to school shouldn't take that long. If you want to live further south, some of the cheaper apartments are located in Wheeling and Prospect Heights area. However, if you have no connections to live further from school, you might want to stay close to campus. I guess it all depends on what your looking for.

Good Luck and feel free to PM me for any other info,

Luke

doclm said:
Look around at the place you feel the most comfortable living at. Personally, I prefer a little more life around where I live.

Do you have pets? Will you be living by yourself?

Those type of factors may sway your decision where you live. I believe that the woodlands are nice, however there are surrounding areas that may be just as nice for cheaper. Do a search on RENT.com and also look at craigslist under chicago for private apartment deals. However, you must understand that you wont find anything decent for less than $800 per month. I wasted a lot of time looking for apartments and ended up at one of the first ones I looked at. I expect to pay $1000 + electric per month, for a 2bdrm/2bath 1400ft in Mount Prospect. That is 20 miles from school, but not far from the major interstate I-294, so my commute to school shouldn't take that long. If you want to live further south, some of the cheaper apartments are located in Wheeling and Prospect Heights area. However, if you have no connections to live further from school, you might want to stay close to campus. I guess it all depends on what your looking for.

Good Luck and feel free to PM me for any other info,

Luke

Thanks so much. That really does help. :)

funfeet said:

Hey Funfeet, I'm just moving into an apartment on campus. Everything is included in the rent except for cable and electricity. They are pricy, however, you'll save a ton in gas money by being on campus and wallking to school everyday.

molldoll2010dpm said:
Hey Funfeet, I'm just moving into an apartment on campus. Everything is included in the rent except for cable and electricity. They are pricy, however, you'll save a ton in gas money by being on campus and wallking to school everyday.

Hey, do you know if the apartments are furnished? So internet is included as well too?

Thanks

funfeet said:
Hey, do you know if the apartments are furnished? So internet is included as well too?

Thanks

The apartments come unfurnished. The internet is provided. The kitchen comes with the usual as well as a dishwasher :) and a microwave. I'm in a 2 bedroom, and the kitchen/living room area is kind of small. On the bright side, and I know this sounds so girly, but the bathroom is really nice and new. It is attached to the bedroom area and there is a HUGE closet. So, your own personal space is nice. I'm happy with my decision, and my roomate is cool. There are a lot of people that live at the Woodland apartments. They are located right by campus. The on campus apartments are very new and they have elevators which have been great for moving things up to the third floor. When you first move in the Tech people run a virus scan on your computer to make sure there are no viruses on your computer and then you are all set to go. More info can be found about housing on the campus website, there is also one for the woodland apartments listed. Good luck!!!! Let me know what happens with your application process and don't feel afraid to ask any questions.