To those of you in practice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RockTown

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a grad student in the field of neuroscience with a concentration in neurodiagnostics. I am interested in implantable devices for pain relief etc.
My question is this: Is there a need for PhD guys in a consultative role for patients pre and post op, or is this niche delegated to your fellow MD's in Neurology?

thanks... :)

Members don't see this ad.

RockTown said:
I am a grad student in the field of neuroscience with a concentration in neurodiagnostics. I am interested in implantable devices for pain relief etc.
My question is this: Is there a need for PhD guys in a consultative role for patients pre and post op, or is this niche delegated to your fellow MD's in Neurology?

thanks... :)

I'm a neurologist currently completing an interventional pain fellowship. Pain docs (neurologists, neurosurgeons, anesthesiologists, physiatrists) do their own pre/post op evaluations. Programming is usually performed by the ANS/Medtronics rep. There might be a role for you in R&D. You could contact ANS/Medtronics/Advanced Bionics for more info.