to those of you who have interviewed for Glasgow

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tamsdivision

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been offered an interview that is scheduled for early Feb in the US. I'm wondering if anyone has interviewed early by going to Glasgow and doing it there. I'm thinking of asking Joyce about this bout thought I'd see if it has been done in the past.

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't. I went to SF because it was a $9 1.5 hour (total) trip by public transportation to get there and back.

But it'd definitely be worth your time to check out the schools you applied to abroad to help your decision. I would have liked to check them out first, but in no way do I regret my decision.

I'd email Joyce and see what she says. The worse thing that will happen is that you get a no.

I did!

I flew in around New Years, came to campus with my friend who goes here, interviewed on a Tuesday morning, and received an e-mail 40 mins later that I was in :) A few hours later we were wandering down to the Lock and I was celebrating my first acceptance with some whiskey and good company..hehe.

Just e-mail Joyce or Jill and ask them!! If one of them is here when you are coming, I am sure they would interview you!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I did!

I flew in around New Years, came to campus with my friend who goes here, interviewed on a Tuesday morning, and received an e-mail 40 mins later that I was in :) A few hours later we were wandering down to the Lock and I was celebrating my first acceptance with some whiskey and good company..hehe.

Just e-mail Joyce or Jill and ask them!! If one of them is here when you are coming, I am sure they would interview you!!

Thanks so much! This is getting me so excited. I've been offered admissions to an Australian school, which I have accepted. But Scotland is my first choice and I want so very much to get it! Australia starts in Feb so this would be around the same time as interviews for Glasgow held in the US. So I do want to do the interview earlier and would love to see the facilities at the same time. I can't believe you found out within the hour after your interview. That's amazing. I hope I have that much success. I did email Joyce and she has said that I can definitely come and interview in Glasgow. I'm trying to figure out when to come. I guess the sooner the better.
How are you enjoying the program?

I did!

And did you do anything specific to prepare for the interview. I've heard it is more of an informal type interview and more of discussions on my experiences etc.

I LOVE the program---and there are some other threads on here when you can read all my ravings about it..hehe.

As for the interview, it is open file. You'll have either Joyce or Jill and a faculty member. They basically just bounce back and forth asking questions. It was pretty informal, and, as it was my first one, I was super nervous, but they made me feel at ease. They mainly ask about your experiences, what you learned, why Scotland, how does your family feel about you moving here, etc etc. Just be yourself!!!

I got an interview for Glasgow too and I was originally going to interview in California but now I am really thinking of going to the UK for it. I think it would be a good idea since I have never visited the school and I could make a more informed decision if I get in. I was thinking mid-January, before the interviewers come over to the US...I hope that works out! Also, I figure if I trek half-way across the world they will see how serious I am about going there and hopefully that will help influence their decision.

I LOVE the program---and there are some other threads on here when you can read all my ravings about it..hehe.

As for the interview, it is open file. You'll have either Joyce or Jill and a faculty member. They basically just bounce back and forth asking questions. It was pretty informal, and, as it was my first one, I was super nervous, but they made me feel at ease. They mainly ask about your experiences, what you learned, why Scotland, how does your family feel about you moving here, etc etc. Just be yourself!!!

I've checked out some of your threads and they just make me more excited!! I'm trying not to get my hopes up! I have my interview in Glasgow in 2 weeks from now. I am a little nervous as this is my first interview for veterinary school. But I will take your advice and just be myself! I'm wondering what the appropriate attire is for the interview. Professional obviously, but are pants better than a skirt etc or is the main goal to look professional and cleaned up?

I got an interview for Glasgow too and I was originally going to interview in California but now I am really thinking of going to the UK for it. I think it would be a good idea since I have never visited the school and I could make a more informed decision if I get in. I was thinking mid-January, before the interviewers come over to the US...I hope that works out! Also, I figure if I trek half-way across the world they will see how serious I am about going there and hopefully that will help influence their decision.

If you are planning on doing your interview in Glasgow mid-Jan, it is a possibly jan 11/12 (This is what they told me)! Good luck!

If you are planning on doing your interview in Glasgow mid-Jan, it is a possibly jan 11/12 (This is what they told me)! Good luck!

They told me Jan 12/13 or the next week starting 1/17. I am aiming for the 12th though. Good luck on your interview! Let us know how it goes.