To those of you who haven't gotten in yet.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to share something with the people that haven't gotten in yet. I remember last year when I was on a waitlist and I would call the office every other week to find out my status and I would look on SDN and read people's posts that asked "School A vs School B" and I was very discouraged because I saw my friends getting in and I wondered why I couldn't get in. So I took some action at this point last year that I thought I'd share.

If you're on the waitlist at your state school or you got rejected, call them up. Talk to the admissions director and ask him or her how you can improve your application. When you ask them that, it shows that you have the drive to get admitted next year. All too many times they see people re-apply with the same credentials. Usually when adcoms talk they find a reason to not accept you and use that as the factor to take you out of the list. For me, it was my MCAT score. I talked to both of my state school directors and they both told me I shouldn't have taken the MCAT again... which, I did and I did worse. but anyhow. both of them said that my 2nd MCAT score was too low and I needed to increase it. Whatever your case may be, find out the weak points in your application. Not via SDN, but via the people that decide on your application. This makes a ton of difference. I took the year off and studied my ass off in the summer and I did better and got accepted. with strong will and determination, I think you all can too. I do admit, some people just aren't cut out for it. but if you're an avid SDN reader, u have to have some kind of drive ;)

So anyhow. find out what's wrong with your application and start working on that. Make sure your application is done and ready to submit early on. (which you should be working on now) Take advantage of the SDN PS readers, most of them are pretty constructive. I would if I was gonna be around a oomputer for the next month. but anyhow, to all the people that haven't gotten in as of yet, I feel your pain. but there is hope. like one of my friends told me "it's not a question of it, but a question of when." gluck u guys/gals

Members don't see this ad.

I was half expecting this thread to say, "....YOU AREN'T GOING TO!!!" Which would have been kind of funny, but not very nice.