To those waiting for scores tonite...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mj1878

Water good...
10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to wish everyone the best of luck! :luck:

Remember that this score is one of many factors that will determine the outcome of your medical school application. I know that's of small comfort when you're sitting there in a cold sweat, frantically clicking "refresh" on the THx page, manically switching between that and SDN, hoping that someone there has the inside scoop on when scores will be released.

You've waited months. One more day isn't going to kill you. It might, however, cause you to die a slower death because of gastric tears.

For those that receive their scores and are happy and surprised with the outcome, congratulations to you!

For those that receive their scores and are suddenly feeling depressed/angry/screwed by the bell curve/like they have no self-esteem/like you're NEVER going to make it into a medical school, TAKE HEART. The absolute worst thing that you can do is make big decisions the week (or month) after the MCAT scores come out and everything is still very emotional. If your score wasn't what you expected, take a sabbatical from SDN. There are always thousands of posts right after the scores come out that go something like:

"I only scored a 34R! Please help! Should I retake next April or should I do a post-bacc?I'm feeling really crappy about my substandard performance."

These will only drag you down further into the pit of despair. They're meant to; these people thrive on making others feel badly and inferior.

The only thing to do is to regather your forces, buckle down, and decide how to approach the next few months. Will you do some additional volunteering, prepare for the April MCAT, or just apply anyway and see what happens? Whatever you decide, don't decide it tonite or tomorrow when people are parading around their 35+ scores in front of everyone's faces. Like I said: take an SDN break and don't beat your ego up any more than is necessary.

If tradition holds, three things will happen tonite:

1)SDN's servers will be so overloaded with users that hardly ANYONE will be able to post a thing(usually a new "most people ever online" record is set)
2)Someone will post a false "The scores are up!" thread.
3)There will be about two dozen "Will the scores be up tonite or tomorrow night?" threads, since the AAMC in all their wisdom are painfully vague on what time the scores will be posted.

Good luck again, and beware of the TROLLS.

Members don't see this ad.

great post mj. lots of luck to everyone. the wait is almost over.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck board! thanks for entertaining me this past couple weeks of the waiting process. Hopefully all our nervous anxiety ends with elation tonight!!!

Good luck to the mcaters waiting for the scores. Not trying to rub it in, but better you than me!

Good luck to everyone else... for me it was kind of anti-climatic, I accidentally found out my score while registering for the AMCAS website. I was preparing for tomorrow's big day too! So if you guys can't wait, just go there to find out :p

Mine's 25O, 6vr 10ps 9bs. Although I prepared for it as much as I can, the verbal section is just too elusive. Hopefully those are good enough for caribbean schools, namely St. George and Ross since I was aiming for those in the beginning. Maybe I should take the MCAT's again, since the next one is still 2 months away?

Anyway, good luck to the rest of you guys. Just believe in yourself since you've done all that you can already, getting the score is just earning your reward :)