to those who are wondering why there apps arent "processed" despite early submit date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Milhouse Van Houten

Reaction score
is it possible that the applicants who are on the quarter system and had the problem with the ordering of the quarters are having their apps delayed? AMCAS said this would cause a delay, but i'm wondring if anyone who has experienced the quarter order problem have had their apps processed.

Members don't see this ad.

petros--i responded to this in the other quarter system thread, but my undergrad school is on a quarter system and i had the same out-of-order problem. i called AMCAS three different times about this, and this problem is actually the reason why i started checking out this board for advice. based on what the ever-helpful people at AMCAS told me, i entered everything according to the instructions and left it looking incorrect (ie, winter quarter out of order) and submitted my app on the 24th, the first day i could submit (i'm an 'M').

to this day my app STILL hasn't been processed. my MCAT scores showed up the same time baylor21's did, and as i am a reapplicant, the year i previously applied has shown up next to the schools i am applying to for the second time. but NO progress on grade verification. you raise a very good point that i hadn't considered yet.

anyone else in the same boat?

is this the petros that knows the Zagaris family???? :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
my school is on the semester system. i applied july 3rd, i'm EDP and still no processing.

later

Here are my thoughts on the matter: perhaps there's some difficulty for the minds of AMCAS employees in regards to credit conversions. That is, a 4 unit quarter course is 2.7 of the semester units AMCAS goes by. My guess is that for some reason these people are having trouble verifying such conversions, or perhaps they're getting out the semster ones first because they can be expedited more quickly. :confused:

Andrew