To those who completed the Wake Forest secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DoctorB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you have to finish this in one sitting or could you save and come back to it?

Members don't see this ad.

i was afraid of this too.. if no one gives you an answer, do what i did

i wrote my essays in word and then pasted when it was all done and submitted.

I couldn't save it so I had to finish it all at once. Then once I submitted it there was a signature page I had to print out and send via US mail along with $$.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ginkneephur said:
I couldn't save it so I had to finish it all at once. Then once I submitted it there was a signature page I had to print out and send via US mail along with $$.

Can you log in, look at the application, log out, and then complete it at another time or is it like a one time log in deal?

You can log in more than once but it doesn't save what you typed in. It will open up a blank sec app every time.

Those weren't supposed to be essays. It's supposed to be a one-line answer. It's a pre-interview questionnaire for interview topics.

g3pro said:
Those weren't supposed to be essays. It's supposed to be a one-line answer. It's a pre-interview questionnaire for interview topics.

how do you know this?

g3pro said:

Don't they want to know why you feel that way. I wrote a about a paragraph for each.

Ginkneephur said:
Don't they want to know why you feel that way. I wrote a about a paragraph for each.
The directions specifically say to briefly elaborate, nothing about a one-line answer. Sounds like someone is just trying to make everyone panic...

we'll see...... :)

When they say "elaborate as directed" and they direct you to say what the name of the activity was without asking why, I follow their direction.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't understand how that is the same thing at all. Wake's does not say list anything to begin with, it says:
"In which service activity that you listed on the AMCAS application do you feel made the most impact on someone else?"

that doesn't make me think it is asking for a list

plus in the instructions it says:
"# A. Choose a service activity from the AMCAS application and briefly elaborate as directed.
B. Provide a service activity that had the most impact on you and briefly elaborate as directed."

And shouldn't your AMCAS activities section contain a description of why that activity was important?

g3pro said:
And shouldn't your AMCAS activities section contain a description of why that activity was important?
did you miss the breifly elaborate part??

joanofarc0907 said:
did you miss the breifly elaborate part??

did you miss the "as directed part"???????

haha. :)

I'm sure it's not a big deal.

g3pro said:
did you miss the "as directed part"???????

haha. :)

I'm sure it's not a big deal.

On the WFU website, it says something about you only get a secondary if you are going to get an interview. Is that accurate? If so, why should it be taking over a week to hear back from them? Just curious because I'm leaving the country for two weeks...

Richspiders07 said:
On the WFU website, it says something about you only get a secondary if you are going to get an interview. Is that accurate? If so, why should it be taking over a week to hear back from them? Just curious because I'm leaving the country for two weeks...
I just looked on the WFU site and it says "Approximately nine percent of all applicants are asked to visit Wake Forest University School of Medicine for interviews from September through March. " I dunno if that means all the ones who get secondaries do or not. But it sounds like a lot of people have already been weeded out

Richspiders07 said:

yes please point us to where it says that

hey rob...did you do a why wake essay in the last box or leave it blank or what?

joanofarc0907 said:
hey rob...did you do a why wake essay in the last box or leave it blank or what?

yah i think i wrote a short paragraph or something..

joanofarc0907 said:
I just looked on the WFU site and it says "Approximately nine percent of all applicants are asked to visit Wake Forest University School of Medicine for interviews from September through March. " I dunno if that means all the ones who get secondaries do or not. But it sounds like a lot of people have already been weeded out

The MSAR has about 9% of applicants getting interviews, so that sounds about right.

I would assume that based on the letters of recommendation, final decisions are made on whom to interview. It seems like from what I'm hearing, if you completed a secondary, you're pretty much guaranteed an interview.

Robizzle said:
yah i think i wrote a short paragraph or something..

damn, i want to leave it blank because I am lazy so I was hoping for some support in that haha...guess I'll write something now ;)

They never asked "why?"!!

Don't do it!! ;)

Wow, it does sound like everyone who gets a secondary gets and interview. I don't know though, cuz there are quite a few of us who have gotten the secondary and many, many, many more who are not on SDN.

What do you guys take from the description of the application process?

booswim542 said:
Wow, it does sound like everyone who gets a secondary gets and interview. I don't know though, cuz there are quite a few of us who have gotten the secondary and many, many, many more who are not on SDN.

Maybe they're such bad applicants that WF couldn't possibly interview them, and rejects them outright, but saves the others for later? I somehow doubt that.

booswim542 said:

to me, it sounds like they're making the initial cuts presecondary, sending secondaries to everyone who is left, and then cutting people again. their description says nothing about the actual interviews after receiving the secondary, so i have a hard time believing that they're going to interview everyone.

I bet they cut everyone who doesn't use SDN....that would definitely narrow it down to the best and the brightest, right?

Haha.

Would be nice though!