To those who gave advice...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
G

Gard

Thanks to all for the advice. To those who asked why I'm dead set on surgeon, I'm not dead set, but I want to look into surgery. I really need clinical experience to make a logical decision. Also, I've been shooting for chiropractic for a while now, and they require only a "C" in all classes. So, that's where my GPA fell. Now that I know medicine is for me, I will shoot for an "A". Yes, I will get a 3.5 or higher on the rest of my courses, which will put me at about 3.1 or 3.2. Yes, I will get a 30 or higher on my MCAT, and I will apply with 1 year of volunteer research as well as clinical observation on the job. Along with a kick ass letter of recommendation from a close friend that is a D.O., and a strong interview, don't count me out yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Great! That type of motivation and positive thinking will get you there. Work hard, visualize, and before you know it, you'll be in med school. Good luck.

You should try t get all 4.0, not just a 3.5. Setting your sights on getting what schools require for minimum grades is immature such as getting C's because that is what chiropractic schools require. It makes me wonder if people who have that kind of outlook are fit for the medical field since it is four years of studying and constantly learning, as is being a doctor. You will always have to learn.

Dogboy,
Maybe if you'd pay attention to the message, you could respond intelligently. First of all, I said AT LEAST 3.5. It is best to plan for the worst case scenario. Besides, since you don't know me or my situation, then you have no business determining whether my decisions are mature or not. If I get a 4.0 from now on, great, but it's only a difference of 3.1 and 3.2 in the end. Ya, it might help, but it's not that big of a deal.