To those who get RIPPED apart in interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OnMyWayThere

OMS-III
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I left DMU feeling really down and mad that I had screwed up my interview. It was really, really bad and I crossed that school out. I just received an acceptance from there :eek: Weird. SO, being that it is interview season, I wanted to share this experience... when walking out of an interview and feeling like you screwed up, just know that A.) you may have not have screwed up as bad as you think and B.) your interview alone does not determine your acceptance (as I thought b4).
Admissions Committee members meet, talk it over, your interviewer (usually part of adcomm) has his/her opinion about you and they decide from there, still considering your file as a whole. Best of luck to all of us :luck: :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations!!!

I think you're right on points A and B. In any case, take what you've learned from the bad ones and I hope you have better experiences to come! :D

OnMyWayThere said:
I left DMU feeling really down and mad that I had screwed up my interview. It was really, really bad and I crossed that school out. I just received an acceptance from there :eek: Weird. SO, being that it is interview season, I wanted to share this experience... when walking out of an interview and feeling like you screwed up, just know that A.) you may have not have screwed up as bad as you think and B.) your interview alone does not determine your acceptance (as I thought b4).
Admissions Committee members meet, talk it over, your interviewer (usually part of adcomm) has his/her opinion about you and they decide from there, still considering your file as a whole. Best of luck to all of us :luck: :luck:

Congratulations! I have been on many mock interview panels. It was our purpose to try to make interviewees squirm. Adcoms like to know how potential docs handle stressful situations... after all, the next few years of school (and beyond) will definitely increase your stress level. My best advice is just to be yourself and maintain a calm outward persona. Looks like you passed the test with flying colors. Go out and celebrate!

Unfortunately, it works the other way around as well. You can nail the interview, become friends with all your interviewers and still get rejected...happened to me last year :(