To those who have received interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rhea

New York University '07
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am gonna approach this from another angle,

To those who have received interviews, what batch was your AADSAS application sent in? Please specify your batch # and schools you are interviewing/interviewed at.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

First batch, sent my app in on June 4th.

Interviewed at:

1.) Temple (9/19)
2.) UPENN (9/20)

Interviews pending:

3.) NOVA (10/17)
4.) Boston Regional (TBD)

Others:

Haven't checked my mail in a week, so no clue here.

DesiDentist

PS: I believe many of the people who have had interviews were mainly from the first batch and second batch as well.

Submitted my application on June 10. My application was processed in the first batch.

Got interviews from the following schools:

1. CWRU (sep 13)
2. UPenn (Sep 19)
3. UNC-Chapel Hill (Sep 21)
4. UConn (Sep 30)
5. Columbia (Oct 4)
6. Nova (Oct 11)

Hope this helps.......

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi-

I sent my AADSAS application on July 3rd. I was in the fourth batch.

Interview Invites from:

1) Columbia
2) U. Maryland, Baltimore
3) Temple
4) Boston
5) U. Michigan
6) UOP

Good luck to everyone!

I applied on June 7th, and my application was sent with the first batch.

So far, I have interviews with:

1. Temple (9/20)
2. U of Maryland, Baltimore (10/16)
3. MCG (9/30)

Submitted June 3, sent out in the first batch.

I've interviewed w/
1. Case Western (Aug. 26)
2. Marquette (Sept. 9)
3. Creighton (Sept. 12)

and have interviews planned with:

4. UNLV (Oct 3.)
5. Arizona (date not confirmed)

Hi Agutier
it seems like we applied to same schools. I am going to those interviews( just got columbia and michigan today). Congrats on UOP, first west coast school!! I am one school behind you. Hopefully, i ll hear from uop soon.

ALI-

Yah it seems like it! I'm sure UOP will be contacting you soon. Congratulations on Columbia and Michigan. Good luck to you!

Arby

ooooh oooh, I hope I hear good news from columbia soon!! They just got my LORs at the end of last week.

For any of those interviewing at Oregon, I had the chance to have a long talk with the dean of the dental school yesterday when she came to my house for an office party. She tells me that they are going to have five more spots in this years entering class. That means five MORE people get to go to dental school this year! Also, she had major gripes about public school funding in Oregon. Despite the lack of tax money for higher education, she informed me that they are planning to revamp their clinical facilities. Also, the have just build some new simulation lab(?)

Interestingly, she informed me that in-state tuition is around $12,500, but the cost of educating one dental student PER YEAR is close to $55,000. AMAZING. I had no idea.

June 5

FIrst Batch

UNLV
Boston Regional

For those who received interviews, Congratulation.

It seems that applications up to 4~5 th batch were processed by schools.

I know the most recent batch sent out from AADSAS was 8th. (ranging 2300's)

How long did it take for you to receive interviews once the schools received your application from AADSAS ? ( from your experience?)

Thanks for your info.

So, I guess the highest batch receiving an interview invite (at least on this forum) seems to be the 4th.

I was in the 5th batch, but most schools don't have my LORs, and have only 1 of the 2 transcripts. :( I hate AADSAS!!!! I am having my school resend the LORs to each individual school directly.

Also, I already got a rejection from 1 out-of-state school due to my gpa. I wish I had received at least 1 interview invite before getting the rejection letter. Actually, the letter said that if I can improve my stats by december, then I should contact them. I am hoping they mean they are interested in seeing how I do in the Fall semester of my graduate program.

Been feeling a little dejected these past couple of days. :(

Hang in there Rhea!

Contact the school and ask them what you can do to strengthen your application. Obviously, if GPA is the problem, then one semester probably will not change it that dramatically. If you manage a rigorous courseload with exceptional grades this semester, you might at least demonstrate to the school that you are capable of handling the dental school curriculum. I think that if you're really interested in the school, then you need to make sure that the admissions director knows it and also that you're willing to do whatever it takes to prove yourself worthy of strong consideration.

Also be prepared to discuss the strengths of your application. Do you show a strong upward trend in grades? What type of experience do you have in the dental office? What can you point out about yourself that sets you apart from other applicants? These are all things that the admissions committee will consider.

If your heart is in the right place, you will eventually get into dental school. Keep in mind that half of the competition that you face is within yourself. When you resolve yourself to focus and overcome the weaknesses in your application, half of the battle is already won.

Best of luck to you!

Thanks Smile_doctor.

I did go back to school as a post-bacc in Fall 2001, and finished a successful year of upper divsion sciences with good grades. Currently, I am enrolled in a Masters program, this being my first semester. So, in essence I have about 4 quarters of an upward trend and am working on the 5th.

What makes me a bit upset is that the school rejected me without even waiting to get the LORs!! Especially with applicants like me who have below average gpas, they should consider the application as a whole I would think. I was told that I did not make the first review which means they did not even look in my application to see that I volunteered at a dental clinic, or that I have some research experience, etc. They did not even get to read my essay which I spent a month writing!!!

Anyways, I am gonna think positive and hope at least one school accepts me this year. I don't care where I go, I just care that I want to acheive my goal of becoming a dentist.