to those worried about MCAT=Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lotanna

Child of God
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend scored a 29 on MCAT and just ended up with a 235 on Step I. According to some people's correlation on here, a 29MCAT would equal something other than a 235.

Dont dwell on how good/bad ur MCAt score was once ur in medical schl. Noone cares once you get in.

Members don't see this ad.

The beauty of the fresh start is that everybody is at square one.

While I agree about the fresh start, one anecdotal example does not exactly make a trend. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on what your mcat score is), there are a lot of scientific papers that show that a mcat scores correlate positively with STEP 1 scores. Does that mean that if you got a 29 you can't do well? Of course not. It's just a trend.

But the main point stands: once we're in medical school, no one knows your mcat score, your gpa, or your ec's. It's time for a new start and you gotta prove yourself again.

TRUE said:
While I agree about the fresh start, one anecdotal example does not exactly make a trend. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on what your mcat score is), there are a lot of scientific papers that show that a mcat scores correlate positively with STEP 1 scores. Does that mean that if you got a 29 you can't do well? Of course not. It's just a trend.

But the main point stands: once we're in medical school, no one knows your mcat score, your gpa, or your ec's. It's time for a new start and you gotta prove yourself again.

Excellent point TRUE!!!!! :idea: