To which schools should I apply?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
A

AdemTD

Ok folks, I am rounding up all the essential portions of my application for this next cycle. I will be a first time applicant, graduated college in April 2008, was laid off last December from a Contract Research Org., have a 3.4 GPA, 3.3 science, 31 balanced MCAT, pretty good upward trend of 3.72 over my last 61 credits, 3.65 BCPM over the same, ample shadowing and volunteering experience, private pilot, Michigan resident, white guy. Below is a list of schools I've come up with based on the spreadsheet someone made that takes into account the "LizzyM" calculations based on matriculants at each medical school. Now, I don't plan on applying to all of these schools as I do not have the money, so I am asking for your help in trimming this list down to try to help me get at least some interviews this cycle, if not an acceptance or two.

1. Buffalo
2. Temple
3. VCU
4. U. Arkansas
5. Loma Linda
6. Rush U.
7. U. Kentucky
8. U. Louisville
9. U. Nevada
10. Albany MC
11. NYMC
12. U. Toledo
13. Drexel
14. USC
15. EVMS
16. GWU
17. Tulane
18. MSU
19. SUNY Upstate
20. OHSU
21. Boston U.
22. Wayne State
23. Creighton
24. Rosalind Franklin
26. Loyola
27. U. Illinois
28. U. Nebraska
29. U. Utah
30. U. North Dakota
31. Marshall
32. Morehouse
33. Howard
34. Meharry

I appreciate any input!! Thank you!

Also, I am not opposed to DO schools, I just didn't see any on the spreadsheet or have any idea about their entering class stats at present.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Take Utah off. Very competitive with regards to out-of-staters like you. Cali schools are in the same boat. Do you have a copy of the MSAR?

You need to check the requirements for out of state applicants to places like U of Arkansas and U of Kentucky...I suspect they are VERY hard to get in if you are out of state.

Apply to every single state sponsored med school in Michigan. Explore osteopathic med schools in Michigan. You can also apply to the one in Kirksville, Missouri. I suggest applying to Rosalind Franklin, Creighton, and St Louis University School of Medicine.

You need to check the requirements for out of state applicants to places like U of Arkansas and U of Kentucky...I suspect they are VERY hard to get in if you are out of state.

Apply to every single state sponsored med school in Michigan. Explore osteopathic med schools in Michigan. You can also apply to the one in Kirksville, Missouri. I suggest applying to Rosalind Franklin, Creighton, and St Louis University School of Medicine.

SLU will consider me even with my relatively low overall GPA?