Today: Day of AMCAS Submission to Medical Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asrikrishnan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is today the day that AMCAS submits applications to medical schools for verified users?

Members don't see this ad.

Do they say what time? I'm under review for verification right now.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do they say what time? I'm under review for verification right now.

Not really. But I'm seeing posts from people reporting they have received secondary application invitations, so I assume it's already begun.

Not really. But I'm seeing posts from people reporting they have received secondary application invitations, so I assume it's already begun.

That sounded really ominous when paired with your Jesus-Zoidberg avatar.

Guess all is lost for me then...

No I keed. After this though do they continually send data or do they do a batch thing?? They should really spell out a minute-by-minute schedule of how AMCAS stuff works.

The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix and University of Connecticut School of Medicine have sent me an email confirmation of AMCAS app. $85 for Connecticut's secondary :(

Mannnn this sucks. Still haven't gotten any secondary application invites... Oh well most of them I've already prewritten anyway so hopefully I can submit them as soon as I get them.

The University of Arizona College of Medicine-Phoenix and University of Connecticut School of Medicine have sent me an email confirmation of AMCAS app. $85 for Connecticut's secondary :(

$85 is one of the not-so-bad ones! Dartmouth is 130 :scared:

Good luck future class of 2016! For those of you worrying about maubs's Jesus-Zoidberg prophecy, just remember the schools won't actually read your application until mid-July at the earliest... I think.

EDIT: Or schools send out secondaries in the order of how much they like your primary. Not sure which.

Members don't see this ad :)
Popcorn-10-George-Costanza.gif

I was hoping to see my inbox packed in secondaries this morning.... sigh

I'm going back to sleep

The rumors were true! If you turned in your AMCAS at precisely 9:30 AM EDT on June 1st, you were automatically invited to an interview at every school to which you applied!

Now time to schedule these 37 interviews... :scared:

Good luck future class of 2016! For those of you worrying about maubs's Jesus-Zoidberg prophecy, just remember the schools won't actually read your application until mid-July at the earliest... I think.

EDIT: Or schools send out secondaries in the order of how much they like your primary. Not sure which.

Pretty sure it's the second.

So sorry if this is a stupid question, however, if you submitted (on the first in my case), but do not have your MCAT scores yet, would that automatically mean you should not expect secondaries until your scores come out (tuesday in my case)...
I know everything was just released, and most schools havent sent out any secondaries at all yet but its easy to get into that worrying routine :/

After this though do they continually send data or do they do a batch thing?? They should really spell out a minute-by-minute schedule of how AMCAS stuff works.
user_offline.gif

Seconded

How do we know if our data was submitted?

My app was verified on June 13th so should it be in this batch going on today?

I am going to neurotically worry until I start seeing secondaries....wouldn't anyone in our situation? I'm applying MD/PhD so this is the next 8 years of my life! Pretty big deal.

So sorry if this is a stupid question, however, if you submitted (on the first in my case), but do not have your MCAT scores yet, would that automatically mean you should not expect secondaries until your scores come out (tuesday in my case)...
I know everything was just released, and most schools havent sent out any secondaries at all yet but its easy to get into that worrying routine :/

You will get a few like GWU and Dartmouth.

Good job, maubs. Way to encourage unnecessary and ridiculously neurotic worrying. :oops:

Like it takes a lot to do that. ;)

No I keed. After this though do they continually send data or do they do a batch thing?? They should really spell out a minute-by-minute schedule of how AMCAS stuff works.

Would knowing this affect your plans at all?

$85 is one of the not-so-bad ones! Dartmouth is 130 :scared:

Yeah, I think GW's or Georgetown's was the worst on my list. $130 or so. I think $85 is around the ballpark of most secondary app fees.

For those of you worrying about maubs's Jesus-Zoidberg prophecy, just remember the schools won't actually read your application until mid-July at the earliest... I think.

[YOUTUBE]6bbIBs0P2t0[/YOUTUBE]

You shouldn't expect secondaries until your primary is complete. Some schools (like GW) send out invites regardless, however.

How do we know if our data was submitted?

After AMCAS sends the email that your application has been processed, you can safely assume your data will be submitted shortly thereafter.

Would knowing this affect your plans at all?

Not a ton, just in terms of how much I should prioritize any pre-writing I might get to. I know it's out of our hands at the moment, i really just want to know everything.

For the cool grand they charged it's worth it to know just for curiosity :lame:

Do all schools e-mail you or alert you when their secondaries are available? Or do we have to actively find them? I have gotten two secondaries (TCMC and GWU) by e-mail, but I read on the Columbia thread that people found them secondaries on Columbia's site.

Not a ton, just in terms of how much I should prioritize any pre-writing I might get to. I know it's out of our hands at the moment, i really just want to know everything.

For the cool grand they charged it's worth it to know just for curiosity :lame:

There are a lot of unknown variables in life that you simply have to do your best to plan around. This is one of them.

That having been said, information is transmitted frequently enough so as to resemble a continuous stream for anyone's planning purposes.

Do all schools e-mail you or alert you when their secondaries are available? Or do we have to actively find them? I have gotten two secondaries (TCMC and GWU) by e-mail, but I read on the Columbia thread that people found them secondaries on Columbia's site.

This is a good question- I remember that all schools except one (*ahem* UTSW *ahem*) will send you an email with instructions on how to login and complete the secondary. With that being said, certain schools like Columbia have a special website just for the secondary application that can be filled out at any time after the site becomes open to the public, regardless of whether you have received said invitation yet. So, I think anybody can get to work on Columbia's secondary starting today?

The Columbia secondary is up and available. Does anyone know how schools like this deal with folks who qualify for the FAP? Will I get some sort of fee waiver potentially or be considered for one based on my AMCAS ID? Thanks.

some ppl are saying that even if the schools have their secondaries available already, many schools won't begin reviewing applications until mid-july??? if this is true, then can we submit secondaries around mid-july and not rush?

Everyone in this thread needs to calm the hell down. Minute-by-minute description of how AMCAS does things? Why is that even necessary?

And the only confirmation that you get that your application was sent to schools is that you start receiving secondaries. Just because you don't get secondaries today doesn't mean that your app didn't get transmitted. Not every school releases secondaries at the same time.

With respect to FAP, most schools require confirmation of your waiver. Usually you'll have to e-mail the admissions office separately.

Everyone in this thread needs to calm the hell down. Minute-by-minute description of how AMCAS does things? Why is that even necessary?

For the record, I said that jokingly, in case anyone else didn't get that.

I'm sorry if it has been discussed somewhere else, but I couldn't seem to find the right info from AAMC directly.

So after today, when the verification is done, does AAMC send the verified app to schools right away on every business day? or do they wait like for 2 weeks or so and then submit the second batch of apps to schools?

In that case, my bad. Sarcasm detector fail.

No worries. I'm a reapplicant so I'm sure my annoyance at having to go through the AMCAS process again could easily come across as neurotic.

Plus, I'm damn good at poker face sarcasm tyvm.

I'm sorry if it has been discussed somewhere else, but I couldn't seem to find the right info from AAMC directly.

So after today, when the verification is done, does AAMC send the verified app to schools right away on every business day? or do they wait like for 2 weeks or so and then submit the second batch of apps to schools?

It was discussed just a few posts above yours.

That having been said, information is transmitted frequently enough so as to resemble a continuous stream for anyone's planning purposes.

Will this information affect your planning in any way?

I've been verified since early June and haven't got a single secondary yet. Other people have got secondaries for some of the same schools I applied to... anybody else in this situation?