Baxter81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 1, 2005
Brea, Ca
Status
Pharmacy Student
Well the day has finally come!! My last day of full time work before I start school in Aug. Today is a good day? I got a Vegas trip next week, then two weeks in Hawaii, and finally a Rosarito, Mexico trip before the start of a 4 year marathon of studies. What is everyone else's plans before pharm. school starts??

aboveliquidice

No sacrifice - No victory
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2006
San Antonio, TX
Status
Pharmacist
Study - cause I need to get accepted to Pharm school first before I need to worry about that. HAHAH - congrats anyway

~above~

a504n

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status
I know how you feel, my very last day of work was June 25, 2006. I've been working for 6 years straight. I'm finally unemployed. My plan was to quit late August, before school started, but I ended up having to relocate to Houston, TX to take a summer course in Theology. So basically, I will be busting my butt off for a Theology class. After that, back to New Orleans to start Pharmacy school. But it does feel great to not have to work anymore. I hated my job, and getting accepted to pharmacy school was a great excuse for finally quitting my job. :D

twester

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 3, 2004
Denver, CO
Status
Pharmacist
I'm working up until the 5th of August. Then I'm going to sit around and read until school starts on the 18th. Oh, and I'll probably make a real effort to get my apartment organized and repainted. I have absolutely NO money. Had to pay the rent with a credit card this month. I'm so jealous that somebody gets to travel for four weeks. :smuggrin: :laugh:

senzabee

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Pharmacy Student
Baxter81 said:
Well the day has finally come!! My last day of full time work before I start school in Aug. Today is a good day? I got a Vegas trip next week, then two weeks in Hawaii, and finally a Rosarito, Mexico trip before the start of a 4 year marathon of studies. What is everyone else's plans before pharm. school starts??
OH, have fun :cool: ! I've been there before, bring lots of sunscreen since it's usually pretty sunny, and the buses are a good way to get around here, haha. I wish I was done with applying, but I'm just beginning :eek:

DownonthePharm

Chillin' n Fillin'
10+ Year Member
Dec 23, 2004
Oklahoma
Status
Pharmacist
twester said:
I'm working up until the 5th of August. I'm so jealous that somebody gets to travel for four weeks. :smuggrin: :laugh:
Me too. I was going to quit the end of July, but then I went clothes shopping, so I need to work for a few more days. :oops:

blueclassring

10+ Year Member
Jan 7, 2005
Status
Pharmacist
I'm going to Vegas this weekend, and bodyboarding and swimming at the beach everyday until I move August 19th. I'm partying hard now because I know I won't be doing that for the next 33 months. I am excited about moving to Arizona though!!

pharmwannebe2

10+ Year Member
May 22, 2006
Flipadelphia, PA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Baxter81 said:

lucky. i wish today was my last day of work

have fun in hawaii and vegas.

pinkpnther86

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2006
Illinois
Status
Pharmacist
Lucky you!!!! Man, I wish I could afford to quit a whole month before starting pharm school....ha, I'll be working all the way up until the day before school starts and even while in school :scared:

owell :)

Cruzangurl81

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
My last day of work too! I ve been waiting and waiting for this day, I cant wait to start school in August, being out for 1 year and waiting for pharm school for 3 made me go insane!

tdkneo

The Future Dr.Nguyen
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Baxter81 said:

well, congratulations........once i get accepted, ill probably take a tour around the world or something like that........let it all out before schoool..........

pharmdarling

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I'm going to be working almost right up until I leave for school too. I'm not sure how much time I'll have off now, but it'll probably only be a few days :/

2bePharmD

Is it Friday yet?
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2006
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
My last day is Friday. I never thought writing a resignation letter would be so much fun! :D

cwindo

10+ Year Member
Dec 19, 2005
GA
Status
Pharmacy Student
2bePharmD said:
My last day is Friday. I never thought writing a resignation letter would be so much fun! :D
My last day is also tomorrow!! :D Can't wait!! Finally unemployed..kinda scarry...but excited to start school!

Pharm47

Just keep running...
10+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2006
Portland
Status
Pharmacy Student
would it be bad to quit a year and a month before i start school? shoot...i'm so jealous - i can't wait to be a student again.

HABANERO4ME

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 15, 2006
Status
My Last day is this Friday too.. Europe here I come. hehehhe.. I need this trip to get it out of my system before heading back to school.

esteb

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
I've been in a research lab for the past for years. July 14th is my last day as well!!!! I am so excited about starting pharmacy school. You can find me at beach relaxing until my school starts.

gatorgrl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 9, 2004
Status
I am so happy for all of you. I am applying right now and am realizing how stressful and mentally exhausting the whole process is. You all deserve a break! Have a safe and fun vacation before pharmacy school starts!

klebsiella

10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Status
I am done the 24th....counting down the days.

You all better have a few drinks for me while you are on the beach as I will be busy looking for a place to live...or end up living in my car in Omaha

GatorRxGirl

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2005
Somewhere on the beach.
Status
Pharmacy Student
My last day was Tuesday. I went to New York and a cruise to the Bahamas in the last month. This week (the week before school starts at South) I'm laying on the beach all day.