Today on the News

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PalCareGrl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is everyone here okay? I'm just watching the news in shock. I live in the same town as an air force base (in Ohio) and everything is shut down.... this is crazy! I'm now nervous about flying to my interviews next week. Anyway, for those of you without access to TV or radio right now- FIND ONE! :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if today is of any significance (date wise)?

I don't think so, they haven't mentioned anything on any of the news reports.

this just makes me wish I was already a doctor so that I could help somehow...

Members don't see this ad :)
You can help somebody, donate Blood!!!

I cannot put into words what a trajedy this is. I am apprehensive about what will happen as a result of this attack.

Does anyone know if today is of any significance (date wise)?

Yeah today is the day that some f'r decided to prove a point.

This is really terrible for America and the world. I am aprehensive of what repercussions this will have on a global scale. Today they decided to play with the big boys. It makes no sense.

And please refrain from cross-posting.

I heard that tomorrow is the day that someone associated with bin-laden is supposed to be sentenced for a former terrorist act. some are speculating that it could've been a motivation.

Actually, I heard that today is the 23rd Anniversary of the signing of the Camp David Accords between Egypt and Israel. I read it on the World Trade Center post in pre-allopathic.

It is not a peace accord between Egypt and Israel- it is between the PLO and Israel. Egypt is NOT at war with anyone.

Today's date is 9 1 1. I don't know if that's stretching it though.

Hey, how the hell can the Palastineans/Islamic terrorist say that their God is so great for killing thousands of inocent people. Clearly there is something wrong with their religion if thats the case.

Please remember to take a few moments from your busy schedules to pray for the victims and their families, and also for all of the physicians, medical students and other health care personnel that are caring for them. Strength and wisdom to all.

"Hey, how the hell can the Palastineans/Islamic terrorist say that their God is so great for killing thousands of inocent people. Clearly there is something wrong with their religion if thats the case."

...they say that for the same reason christian extremists (including white supremacy groups) do when they perform acts of killing and terrorism...

be careful not to make ignorant generalizations about a religion 1.2 billion strong from the crimes cuz a few psychotic pigs. They dont represent islam.... let alone humanity

hitler and his men killed 6 million jews. does that mean we should label all christians as "heartless killers and advocates of genocide?"

i didnt think so.

be careful not to make ignorant generalizations about a religion 1.2 billion strong from the crimes cuz a few psychotic pigs. They dont represent islam.... let alone humanity

Thats the message I got when i saw many, not just 4 people, jumping aand dancing around the streets passing out candy and saying God is Great. If it were just 4 people, i'd understand.

Interesting that you didn't also see that Arafat banned any such events and Dr. Hanan Ashrawi's (Christian Palestinian Activist) deepest condemnation of their ignorance & apology of them.

Even more interesting that you didn't see the Palestinian men, women & children lining up outside the US Embassy in Palestine to place flowers, cards and condolences outside the doors of the US Embassy.

An Israeli newspaper wrote, "This is the best thing that could happen for Israel." Now the Americans know what terrorism is and now they will sympathize with us when we kill Palestinians. Someone explain to me how this is different than the celebration you see on TV. Just another Myth of our Media I suppose.

there's bad fruits on every tree. Y'all need to put this shiet to rest. If you wanna use up your energy, go give blood.

Originally posted by PuppyLuv:
•there's bad fruits on every tree. Y'all need to put this shiet to rest. If you wanna use up your energy, go give blood.•
You're right Puppyluv. Agreed.

Originally posted by Gay Focker, RN:
•Hey, how the hell can the Palastineans/Islamic terrorist say that their God is so great for killing thousands of inocent people. Clearly there is something wrong with their religion if thats the case.•

You know...I've been meaning to tell you for a couple of months now, but why the #$@#$ is your name Gay F#4ker? I find that name to be extremely offensive.....please go change your name....out of respect for people who were killed innocently for such hate crimes like Mathew Shepard...

clearly if you feel you have to F#$k gays, there is something wrong with your religion or belief system....

funny huh? you never thought, the shoe could be on the other foot?

:eek:

I ask you nicely to go and change your name to something more appropriate or I will ask every moderator/administrator and even the ASUCLA to rectify such a degrading name...

this is as dispicable as the name Aaalyiah went kaboom....have some respect for the dead please...believe me, it is not hard to track you down with your ISDN number...so I ask you nicely, go change your id and create a new one

In defense of Gay, maybe you should watch the movie "Meet the Parents" with Ben Stiller, that's the name of his character. You are taking his name out of context. Just a thought. Though I am sorry that you are offended.

The horror that happened in New York, Pennsylvania, and Washington are unspeakable acts against humanity. And yes, I have family that was directly affected.

In addition, there is one point that really saddens me about the aftermath. As reported, various Islam organizations receieved death/bomb threats after the trajedy. I never thought of the American people as that ignorant. I am extremely saddened to see this same ignorance here amongst future doctors - people that are supposed to more intelligent than the average Joe.

Anger is justifable. However, it must be directed at the zealots that performed the act - only.

Prejudice is another crime against humanity. One that people commit when they 'damn' a people because they are different (i.e. Muslims). Please let us not be ignorant. For that is where all these issues really start.

Research Islam before you damn it. Learn about what you are afraid of, and I'm sure you will find that they are just like you. Remember, most everyone in the world essentially wants the same thing: joy, happiness, and a better life for their children. And, most importantly, this all starts with the individual.

-A