Today's exam

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Humi1211

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I just got out of the exam and i don't know what to think. I realized during the BS section, that during PS I may have inadvertantly left some questions blank. As I was going through the exam, I marked some of the questions I left blank and then just left some other completely blank (without marking them), however, I didn't realize that on the review page, even if you left it blank, if you marked that ?, the review page showed it as marked and NOT incomplete. so, like an idiot, I probably left a few blank without even realizing it.
On a lighter note though, VR was fair and BS was in line with practice AAMC, although I was surprised to see that there were not any questions on sympathetic/parasymphatetic systems, hormones, respiration, physiology. PS also lacked certain questions I was sure i would see like kinematics. But to all those that took it in august last year, the VR and BS were def. better. I just hope that the curve will be as generous!
So, I know i screwed up PS b/c of the blank questions (ironic since I've consistently being doing the best in the section up until now) but i think i did ok for the other questions. Now I get to play the waiting game and see if my gut was right. Good Luck to all who are taking it on monday and in early May! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Enjoy the evening and weekend now that the MCAT is over! It will be over Monday evening for me. But I would like to ask what was covered for organic?

I think verbal was not that bad. Seemed right on par with the old AAMC exams

Members don't see this ad :)
I think that if you have been practicing with AAMC exams you should be okay topic wise. I did think the BS had quite a few ochem passages, compared to the practice exams though.

Oh and the orgo stuff wasn't bad.

I just took the exam today. The BS was pretty fair, kinda like the AAMC CBT, so no surprise there. There were only 2 organic passages on the BS. The PS was a monster. That is supposed to be my best section. I freaked out and guessed on a quite of few of questions. Verbal was as expected like the CBTs. Writing was also pretty easy. DAMN THAT PS.

4 orgo passages? damn! Now I am freaking out!!

BTW was today's BS full of molecular genetics too?

You had only 2 organic passages? I am pretty sure I had 4

there are at least 2 versions of the test per test center. so there was a good chance that the # certain topics would vary from person to person at each center.
(don't fret)

I felt that PS was a monster as well. I just felt very confused during that part of the exam like nothing made sense. That might be because I was sitting right next to the door though and people kept opening and shutting it. I ended up reading and rereading the passages becuase I couldn't focus. In the end I remember randomly choosing answers and being unable to finish my calculations. Thus sucks! :( The VR was pretty on par with practice exams as was the BS. I'm going to be so worried until May when I can finally see just how much I might have screwed up.

my form had quite a few organic passages as well. but the orgo. was not bad...just usual aamc practice stuff like stereoisomers, hybridization, resonance, nucleophile/electrophile---no real surprises. I found the PS more difficult though than the practice tests. as for the molecular genetics....I didn't see much of it. there were a few questions though where I was like where the hell is that coming from? I had never seen it before. same holds true for some of the discretes...very specific. as i said b4, the BS tested on things that were different from what i had seen on practice tests. the timing was okay for all sections, expect i was running low on time for PS which is unusual. Writing was fair like always, although I swear I saw the same exact prompt before!

Members don't see this ad :)
My Bio wasnt that Ochem heavy either 2-3 passages... PS seemed like the norm... I got destroyed by VR, did anyone else think it was hard? It was the first time I didnt finish VR and that is my strong spot...

i am sooo confused. ps it was the first time i didnt have time, i missed a really easy one. VR was hell, i couldnt finish an ENTIRE pasg...i usually finish right on time. BS was wierd, discretes were simple but too much orgo...lets see what happens on day 30....lets just hope all of us benefit from a good curve.....overall test experience not bad. I had a headache by the WS by dim lighting. They dont allow anything in the test room not even pencils...not enough scrap paper, crappy ear plugs that hurt your ears. But the proctors were nice and the testing environment was quiet. i dont know i m just hoping for the best now...and good luck for the april 16th people.

fyi for April 16th testers: my proctors let us wear earplugs, they were pretty relaxed about the whole thing. I just put my silicone ones on, then covered them with the ugly orange headphones they offer. Didn't get distracted by a thing the whole time.

Specific Orgo Topics:

NMR, as always
Chromatograpy, of the thin layer variety (TLC)
Charge to mass ratio
Reactions of sugars
Polarity
Bond Hybridization

Hrm, thats all i can immediately think of

I felt that PS was a monster as well. I just felt very confused during that part of the exam like nothing made sense. That might be because I was sitting right next to the door though and people kept opening and shutting it. I ended up reading and rereading the passages becuase I couldn't focus. In the end I remember randomly choosing answers and being unable to finish my calculations. Thus sucks! :( The VR was pretty on par with practice exams as was the BS. I'm going to be so worried until May when I can finally see just how much I might have screwed up.

YES~ PHYSICAL SCI WAS A BEAST. extremely low on time. and very abstract.

So, I just got out of the exam and i don't know what to think. I realized during the BS section, that during PS I may have inadvertantly left some questions blank. As I was going through the exam, I marked some of the questions I left blank and then just left some other completely blank (without marking them), however, I didn't realize that on the review page, even if you left it blank, if you marked that ?, the review page showed it as marked and NOT incomplete. so, like an idiot, I probably left a few blank without even realizing it.

Really? Can anyone else confirm this? That freaks me out--because I assumed the incomplete would take precedence over the marked (and I feel like it should).

there are at least 2 versions of the test per test center. so there was a good chance that the # certain topics would vary from person to person at each center.
(don't fret)
Yeah, I glanced at another person's screen as I left for the day and noticed questions that definitely were not present in my exam.

Specific Orgo Topics:

NMR, as always
Charge to mass ratio
Reactions of sugars
Polarity
Bond Hybridization

This is strange, it sounds like we had the same orgo questions, and yet you didn't have the one bio passage that gave me the most trouble.

This sucks...I don't think I did so well and I want to know my score NOW and not have to go through 1 month of worrying about the possibility of taking it over if my score sucks. I know the dental examinees see their score immediately after they finish their exams...lucky.

Specific Orgo Topics:

NMR, as always
Charge to mass ratio
Reactions of sugars
Polarity
Bond Hybridization

LOL, pretty sure we had the same form.

On a lighter note though, VR was fair and BS was in line with practice AAMC, although I was surprised to see that there were not any questions on sympathetic/parasymphatetic systems, hormones, respiration, physiology. PS also lacked certain questions I was sure i would see like kinematics. But to all those that took it in august last year, the VR and BS were def. better. I just hope that the curve will be as generous!
So, I know i screwed up PS b/c of the blank questions (ironic since I've consistently being doing the best in the section up until now) but i think i did ok for the other questions. Now I get to play the waiting game and see if my gut was right. Good Luck to all who are taking it on monday and in early May! :)

was there a lot of calculations required for the PS part? the practice tests I am taking require a lot of hand calculation to arrive at the solution and i dont know if this is really representative of the real thing.

was there a lot of calculations required for the PS part? the practice tests I am taking require a lot of hand calculation to arrive at the solution and i dont know if this is really representative of the real thing.

my 4/12 scrap paper analysis:
30% chemistry
25% orgo
10% physics
35% writing outline

total pages used: 2.5 sheet-sides x 8.5" x 11"

anyone else have something concerning aromatic rings? mine had it and was curious...
Yeah, I had one question, I think. I was also surprised to see it, as apparently they were not gonna touch it on the MCAT anymore.:rolleyes: Luckily, my Examkrackers Orgo book did have a section on benzenes despite saying it won't be on the MCAT, and I did take the time to read it. I'm not sure if I did right on that question though, I narrowed it down to 2 and then guessed.

My Bio wasnt that Ochem heavy either 2-3 passages... PS seemed like the norm... I got destroyed by VR, did anyone else think it was hard? It was the first time I didnt finish VR and that is my strong spot...
How many passages were on the VR section. I alwayse run out of time before finishing the VR section:( . If I have to guess on one passage, should it be the passage with most questions. I heard it ais an experimental passage.