toefl ibt

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

demonte

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi.i have to take toefl in a week.iam confused about how to interpret the scores?are u able to see all 4 scores of listening,writing ,reading and speaking at the end of test or just listening and reading score? how to make a decision , whether to accept the score or to cancel them?

Members don't see this ad.

U wont be able to have a look at ur scores on the monitor unlike the cbt,u wud have to wait for 3 weeks to get the scores.iBT is for 120 and each section is for 30 marks.U have the reading section first,then listening ,followed by speaking and writing.Its quite a laborious exam for nearly 4hours,but dont worry,u can do it.Good luck.

demonte said:
Hi.i have to take toefl in a week.iam confused about how to interpret the scores?are u able to see all 4 scores of listening,writing ,reading and speaking at the end of test or just listening and reading score? how to make a decision , whether to accept the score or to cancel them?
yep dats right
i just gave my exams last month end (havent got the results yet)

Members don't see this ad :)
reshfriends said:
yep dats right

HI friend
i am also taking my ibt in a few days.
can u please guide me as to where to take the practice test.
I took one at the ets website,but that was not of much help.
Anyother way to practice .
Thanks in advance.

reshfriends said:
yep dats right
can you suggest me any good books for Toefl iBT.. I am planning to give my exam in abt 2 weeks..

Arti.

hi
i just took the exam. i prepared from kaplan toefl ibt book.that book has 2cds . one of which contains 4 practice tests & other one contained tutorials for listening & speaking section. the book really helped me. test wasn't difficult but u do need to practice as time is the factor. hope that helps.

arti jain said:
can you suggest me any good books for Toefl iBT.. I am planning to give my exam in abt 2 weeks..

Arti.

minali said:
hi
i just took the exam. i prepared from kaplan toefl ibt book.that book has 2cds . one of which contains 4 practice tests & other one contained tutorials for listening & speaking section. the book really helped me. test wasn't difficult but u do need to practice as time is the factor. hope that helps.
hi minali,
thnx 4 the info ...i appreciate tht...can u suggest me where can i get this book.

I am also studying from Kaplan ibt book.I would also suggest to take practice test at kaplan center on tuesday at 2:00 pm .Just go to kaptest.com, look for a free event .I might take that to to ascess myself. U can also go to ets/toefl and look for studying tips. All u can do is practice ,practice and practice until u are sure.

For toeflibt book go to borders get a borders reward card.they have 20% discount on books some days of the week .or go to barnes and noble . or u can get it shipped.

Dushyant said:
HI friend
i am also taking my ibt in a few days.
can u please guide me as to where to take the practice test.
I took one at the ets website,but that was not of much help.
Anyother way to practice .
Thanks in advance.
hi
i personally didnt like the ets site . i studied from the kaplans ibt toefl which is more than enough if u already know english well ( i mean studied english all through ). i got my resullts ( 104 good enough to get into schooll i guess ). i got a 26 in reading , 23 in listening ( pay attention to it properly and write down watever u can ) 27 in speaking and a 28 in writing.
any more questions ,always welcome

arti jain said:

Arti.
yep the ibt kaplan cd with 4 question papers is good enough to master the exam .the exam however is more lengthy than the simulated exam on the cd. be patient in the exam . i got a bit restless during the listening part( felt sleepy i donno how) guess thats the reason i scored less there.
very imp to write down most of wat u hear .
:thumbup: all the best guys

arti jain said:
hi minali,
thnx 4 the info ...i appreciate tht...can u suggest me where can i get this book.
any Barnes and Noble ..