Toefl:new Format

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

su74

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Friends,
I am just wondering to know whether anybody is taking the iBT. I am planning to take in Dec.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi.....i just took the toefl iBT today and they've changed it since Sept. 2005. Basically it's 4 hours long and consists of a reading, listening, writing, and speaking sections. It's all done on the computer. You should practice online at their site. As far as studying is concerned, it all depends on which level of English comprehension you are on. Hope that helped a bit. Good Luck on the test :thumbup:

Hi Sarah,
I really appreciate for replying to me.It encourages and helps me a lot.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi do u know marking system of ibt. like old toefl was out of 300.....i have no idea about new one!!! and some schools have cut of criteria 250 in old toefl......so do u know haw much it will be for new one?i mean 250old =______new one?

Sarah123 said:
Hi.....i just took the toefl iBT today and they've changed it since Sept. 2005. Basically it's 4 hours long and consists of a reading, listening, writing, and speaking sections. It's all done on the computer. You should practice online at their site. As far as studying is concerned, it all depends on which level of English comprehension you are on. Hope that helped a bit. Good Luck on the test :thumbup:

The toefl ibt is scored in a range of 0-120, 100=250 of cbt.
the individual scores for each section is similar to the cbt as 0-30. the speaking section is scored in scale of 0-4. i hope this helps.
drdent

The toefl ibt is scored in a range of 0-120, 100=250 of cbt.
the individual scores for each section is similar to the cbt as 0-30. the speaking section is scored in scale of 0-4. i hope this helps.
drdent

mrkbds said:
hi do u know marking system of ibt. like old toefl was out of 300.....i have no idea about new one!!! and some schools have cut of criteria 250 in old toefl......so do u know haw much it will be for new one?i mean 250old =______new one?
Hi,
250=100 in IBT.
By the way,Dear Sara would u please say more information about the books you used for IBt?Are the past books for Cbt toefl still useful?What about the speaking section?Was it very difficult?
Thanks,
M-sh

Well m_shu............i didn't use any books for toefl because i grew up here so i don't have a problem with english. What i suggest you do is that go to a bookstore......(if you are in the US) Barnes & Noble or Borders.....and look thru the books they have for Toefl.....you should definitely study for this test because it's not as easy as you think. The speaking part wasn't bad. Try the online test they offer on their website. If you need any more help just ask

Good Luck On the Toefl.....................

Dear Sarah,
Thank u so much for your information.
M-sh

[Thank u so much for your information

QUOTE=drdent]The toefl ibt is scored in a range of 0-120, 100=250 of cbt.
drdent[/QUOTE]

Hey guys
I just checked the toefl website and they still offer cbt.......is it better to take ibt???do the dental schools prefer this???please leme know.....

thanx
shlo

i had taken the exam well there is really no confined book the only thing i would say is do well in reading comp. its pretty hard. you can check out with the gre or cat books. you can learn how to prepare and do the examples they give you. it is the best way. it gives you an idea and control how to do it. each time you do it time your self which is very imp.
well all the best to you
do well :thumbup:

Hi , Sarah !!

i just saw your message regarding the IBT Toefl exam !
I'm going to take it in April or earlier .
could you , please , tell me more about this exam ? How is the Speaking section which they hadn't before ?
Thank you so much for your help !!!
GOOD LUCK !!! in everything you're doing !!!

Miha . ([email protected] )